Part 16: my hero

ETHANS P.O.V
     A few minutes after I had called, an entire swat team arrived at our place. A few officers came in with an entire k-9 unit.

"To find Katie, well need something of hers so the dogs can track her. Preferably something she just wore maybe." One of the officers told me, while I watched another one bag Katies blood covered pillow carefully. I nodded and searched for something I had just saw her in. I found her sweater.

"Here." I say, handing the man Katies favorite sweater. He then asked for us all to come outside. In the yard, he explained how we were gonna do this. He said since he expects this to be a kidnapping, theyre going to need to take someone to jail after we find her so we cant ride in the swat truck with them. There might not be enough space on the way back. We all pile in the car.

     Mark and Amy get into the back and I tried to drive but Tyler said that might not be a good idea so he got behind the wheel. I sigh as I climb into the other side. The swat truck starts the alarm and turns on the lights as they pull out. Tyler follows quickly behind.

     Soon, we arive at an old abandoned mansion. The swat team gets out with the dogs on hot pursuit. We all jump out of our car and follow the team. We are just wondering around for quite sometime until I hear her.

                 KATIES P.O.V
"It all started when Ethan made that stupid video and introduced you as his girlfriend. All ive wanted to do is kill you and now ive got my chance." Liv said as she slid a knide down my stomach. I whinced and tears escaped my eyes as blood starts to form by my ribs. She smirks.

     She takes the knife and cuts my forehead and then down my cheek. That was enough. I scream in pain and cry. Everything goes black.

It might have been from a loss of blood or maybe I was just so scared I passed out. I guess ill never know. This is it for me.

                   ETHANS P.O.V

"I heard her scream!!!!" I yell to the officers and they turn around quickly.

"What?!" They ask in shock. "The dogs have been searching for 40 minutes and didnt pick up Katies scent." One of them says. I shake my head.

"Were not on the correct floor." I say, pointing to the ground. They understood and searched rapidly for an entrance to the basement. Soon one of the dogs barked and we all look at them. They found the door. I tried opening it but it was locked. This would be the third door ive broken a door to save Katies life. And wont be the last im sure. I kick the door and it goes flying down the steps, splintering as it hit the cold pavment at the bottom.

     I rush down the stairs with the team close behind. As I turn the corner, I see a lady with a knife in her hand. I look behind her and Katies tied to the floor. Rage flashes in my eyes as I charge towards the girl. She steps the side and so do I, grabbing her shoulders and knocking the knife out of her hand. She struggles to get away from me but I take her over to team where they handcuff her.

     As they rush her to the truck, I pick Katie up. I was afraid shed be dead but I could feel a heartbeat.

"We need to get her to the hospital. NOW!!" I yell at Tyler. We run to the car and I climb in the back and Mark gets in the front. Amy puts Katies feet on her lap and I put her head in mine. On the way to the hostital, her eyes flicker. My eyes widen. She coughs and everyone but Tyler looks at her.

"Baby? Whats happening?" She asks confused. I smile and a tear falls down my cheek. I stoke the cheek that isnt cut.

"Nothing baby. Youre safe now." I say, kissing a part of her forehead that isnt injured. "I love you so much." I tell her, reassuringly. I wrap my arms around her and she starts to weep. I comfort her as we speed to the hospital.