Chapter Nineteen

"Higher, higher!" I shriek. Pumping my legs in the air in an useless attempt to push the swing higher.

Uncle Sammy just laughed. I didn't understand. We were having fun, but what was so funny about me wanting to go higher on the swing?

"Make the swing go higher!" I demanded once more.

Uncle Sammy laughed again, "No honey, you might fall!"

"Please," my six year old self begged.

"Oh alright, just a bit higher."

Uncle Sammy put a little more force into pushing me on the swing. I rose higher in the air and squealed with delight. The wind rushing at me as I swung forward, and the rush of air behind me as I swung back. I barely even noticed when I started to fall off the swing. I came back to reality when I felt the bone in my leg crush underneath me. I started crying.

Uncle Sammy gasped.

"What hurts? Morgan, shh, shh. It's all right. I hope your leg isn't broken... Oh my... I have to take you to the hospital. If only your parents were here and not working right now."

I felt him lift me up and carry me in his arms, careful to cradle my broken bone and not damage it further. He walked around my house to where his unlocked car was. He gently set me into his back seat and propped up my leg on a jacket. Uncle Sammy started the car and drove fast, but safely, to the hospital. I was immediately cared for and then laid to rest in a hospital bed, where I quickly fell asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What happened?" I heard familiar voices as I gained consciousness. I tried moving my leg but it hurt so much. No six year old should have to feel pain like this, but in life, it happens.

"She was swinging and then fell off. You have to understand, I didn't mean for any of this to happen," I heard Uncle Sammy say. He sounded so helpless.

"Then why did it happen? If you didn't mean for it, then it should not have happened at all! This is going to cost a lot of money!" My father exclaimed. He sounded so angry.

"Shh, honey. Morgan is awake," my mother said.

"Morgan, how did you break your leg exactly? Were you pushed?" my father asked in an accusing tone.

"I-I... I think Uncle Sammy pushed me too hard!" I stuttered. Why did I just say that? I knew it wasn't his fault, but I was daddy's princess and no blame could be put on me.

"What?" Uncle Sammy sounded so hurt.

"Just go home, Sam. You've caused enough damage. I'll call you later to discuss this," my mother stated. Uncle Sammy turned to leave, his shoulders slumped in defeat. He knew there was nothing he could do.

I immediately felt regret. My favorite uncle was probably mad at me more than imaginable. I knew I should take back what I said, but I was six. I didn't know any better. Later on, I learned that my mother went to his house and started throwing things around.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stared at the swing set in my backyard, recalling that old memory. Was that just one of the events that caused him anger? That caused him to leave my when I was eight years old? How could I have forgotten about him? I'm so confused about why Uncle Sammy would even go to the extremes of kidnapping me. No normal person would even have that thought, even if they were mad at someone.

I tried pulling my arms apart. They were tied together, tight. I knew that if I possibly got out of this, I would have rope burn around my wrists. Where was everyone?

"Comfortable?" a voice asked behind me.

I craned my neck back to try to see who the voice belonged to.

Austin.

"Nice to see you," I spat. Then I smiled slightly, remembering what he told me.

He leaned down close to my ear and whispered, "Don't worry, I got everything under control."

Then he left. I hoped I could trust him, because right now my life is in his hands.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~ JUSTIN'S P.O.V. ~*

 I recognized Morgan's backyard. I haven't been here often, but I knew it was hers. Where are her parents? Why am I here? I couldn't stand not knowing what was going to happen, and the bad feeling in my stomach hasn't gone away. It has only worsened.

"Justin?" a voice behind me asked. I turned my head.

"Mrs. Smith? Why are you out here?"

"Why are you out here?" she said in an almost angry tone, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound mean. I shouldn't accuse you of knowing anything about Morgans whereabouts. Do you though? Do you know where Morgan is?" she choked on the last word.

"No, I'm sorry. I wish I did."

"Oh alri-"

"Hello Mrs. Smith," a chilling voice said out of no where. Two arms came out and grabbed me and Mrs. Smith.

I assumed the person behind the chilling voice was Morgan's kidnapper. Not good.

"Let me go!" Mrs. Smith shrieked. I almost wanted to cover my ears because of how loud it was, but remembered I couldn't.

The Smith's back porch lights came on and I could see Mr. Smith through the sliding door. Trying to see what was going on. Don't come outside!

He did anyway.

"What's going on?"

"Ahh, Mr. Smith. So nice of you to join us," the kidnapper said with the hint of a smirk in his voice.

More men grabbed Mr. Smith.

"Do you have our daughter?" Mr. Smith said angrily.

"Obviously," the kidnapper sneered.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Sam, the Smiths should know very well who I am."

"Sammy? Is that you? Oh my gosh," Mrs. Smith gasped.

"What is wrong with you?" Mr. Smith yelled.

"Nothing is wrong with me," Sam replied, "I'm just getting a little revenge."

"For something so stupid?" Mrs. Smith spat.

"No, for everything you've done to me my whole life! Try being siblings with you, it sucks! Anyway, men, bring Morgan over.

Morgan?! She was here?

The men did what they were told. I could see them carrying a chair with a really skinny person in it.

"Morgan!" all three of us gasped.