Bottom of the Blackest Hole

Hey! Future me here. I wrote this THREE YEARS AGO! My first and only Mikey story.  Anyways, there are errors in this. I did not really proofread back then and I wrote on my ipod. I have improved a lot since the time I wrote this so don't judge me! Still, I do not have the time to go back and edit. I will...eventually.... but for now....I hope you enjoy it! 

-------------------------

Prologue:

I worked in an office in New York as a Secretary. I was no longer an intern!

When I arrived at work that morning I found a yellow manila folder with

PHOTOCOPY (2) written in blue sharpie. I assumed I had to photocopy two copies of what was in the folder. I stood up and straightened my blazer and headed to the photocopy machine. I passed all the cubicles in the office and a cute guy caught my eye, he had on glasses and was drinking a Starbucks coffee. My stomach growled since I hadn't eaten anything.

I frowned. I hadnt used a photocopy machine in my whole entire life. And the ones I had seen didnt have a lot of buttons like this one. And they weren't as huge. I shrugged it of and put the pieces of paper on the machine and pressed the 'Copy' button and pressed the '2'. I stood waiting but nothing happened. I pressed the two again and pressed 'Copy' again. Finally it started to work but when the two copies I needed finished printing out the papers didn't stop.

"Oh no" I muttered. I pressed every button on that damn machine and nothing happened.

The 'Cancel' button was no where in sight. Actually all the words on the buttons were faded.

"Shit." I kicked the machine.

"Need help?" a male voice from behind said. I jumped and turned around to find my self looking at the guy with the coffee.

"Yeah....." I said.

He walks over to the machine and pressed a yellow button which makes the printing stop. My eyes widen.

"I'm so stupid!" I said slapping my hand over my eyes in embarrassment.

"You're the new girl right?" he laughs.

"Yeah. Apparently the new girl who doesn't know how to work a damn xerox machine." I shake my head collecting more than ten copies of the paper.

"I'm Micheal. But people call me Mikey." he says fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm Maxine. But people call me Maxine." we both laugh. "Actually sometimes people call me Maxie."

"Do you want to eat lunch together?" he blurts out.

"oh yeah I'd love to...."