Caleb

I could hear the door slam echo down the hallway, and could tell he wasn't going to be in a good mood, the slam tells me a thousand words. The thumping of his boots as he got closer and closer to where I was warming my back on the radiator, the sound coming to an abrupt halt as he stands right in front of me, crouching down to my eye level.                                                                       "Come on son, get up. We don't want you to get burnt, now do we?"  I struggle to get up, following the previous days of endless abuse and my bruised hips and potentially broken ribs. Of course Dad disapproves of my speed, getting off the floor and decides to strike me against the face, as his fist comes into close contact I feel myself come into close contact with the ground beneath me, and drift into a world of my own. On awakening I struggle to see where I am, the ground I am laying on is hard, not like the carpet at home, I smell dirt and on either side of me are two, young girls, I have to pinch myself to check that I am not dreaming, rubbing my eyes several times before I stagger to my feet. Surrounding me are several bottles of alcohol and my phone laying face down in the dirt, picking it up I see many photographs of these girls have been taken. I don't know what has happened, all I know is I have a throbbing headache, but everything gets much worse when a police helicopter whirs up above, and there is light darting in different directions through the branches, as I see many uniformed police officers yelling different commands to each other, announcing "We have him". Before I know it, I am wrestled to the ground, and cuffed. As I am leaving the scene I see my Dad among the other officers, and he whispers something to one of the arresting officers, who nods as he sees a tear somehow falling down my Dads face, never before have I ever seen him with any kind of emotion. I really don't know what to expect as he makes his way over to where I am standing and the other officer walks off and says to Dad "You have 2 minutes, don't let him out of your sight!"                                        "Caleb, I made them believe I was actually upset by all this, what mugs!" he says chuckling, before he looks around and then moves closer to me and his tone completely changes,                     "Now you better tell them that this was all you. These girls didn't do what you wanted, so you made them pay. You don't say a bad word about me. You tell anyone and you will regret it, you know what happens if you disobey me son." he says in a dark, stern tone before hitting me on the side of my head with an open palm. Seconds later the arresting officers come back and take me to the nearby police car...