Caleb

When I open my eyes I see a white ceiling above, and it takes a couple of minutes for me to adjust to the setting, I look down as my arm feels sore and see that it is bandaged up, sighing inwardly that I have harmed again. I turn my attention away from my arm and notice that Tiffany is sitting in a plastic chair to my left, she looks somewhat troubled, anger and sadness is evident in her expression, as she sits staring in the distance, obviously not aware I am now awake. 

"Tiff?" I ask, snapping her out of her trance. She slowly looks up and as she does a tear rolls down her cheek, 

"I am so sorry, Caleb." She whispers, before she continues to sob

"What are you sorry for?" I ask, sitting myself up in bed, in an attempt to get closer to her. In response she gets off her chair and crouches down beside my bed, placing her hand in mine.    "Tell me about your Father,C." She says, looking up at me, concern clearly written all over her face. A feeling of panic shoots right through me as I search her face, with evident emotions flickering all over, from sadness to shock. I shake my head quickly, and swallow, removing my hand from her clasp. "I can't." I whisper, knowing full well what could happen if I ever spoke about the things he did. I quickly turn my head away, avoiding eye contact.                                  "Caleb, you can tell me anything babe, please tell me." Tiffany said, placing her hand on my cheek and then slowly turning my head back to face her. I know how risky it is, as I turn back to look at her, I directly stare straight past her, as my Fathers words ring in my mind,                                 "You tell anyone and you will regret it, you know what happens if you disobey me son." Tiffany looks at me, slowly getting up and sitting back down in her seat, shaking her head,                        "He has hurt you so much, you don't deserve this Caleb, please talk to me. I promise you I will not let him hurt you." Tiffany whispers desperately wanting me to open up, looking at her concerned and upset face in that moment, I crack, allowing the tears to fall, as I finally open up...