Help

Kurt

"Help me if you can, I'm feeling down, and I do appreciate you being round. Help me get my feet back on the ground. Won't you please, please help me?"

Why can't I open my eyes? What am I laying on? Oh God, my head is pounding.
Wait, who is that talking? It sounds familiar, but with my head so messed up, God only knows who it is talking. Is it Beyoncé? Did she come to save me from this hell of a school? I hope so. Or Mariah?

What am I even thinking? There's no way such a famous person would even come to this school. The only person considered slightly famous would be that stupid stuck up cheerleading teacher that calls me porcelain. I guess I'm feminine, but that doesn't mean that I'm fragile.

I felt someone's hand on my hand and I wanted to know who it was. It was probably that girl that helped me before. What's her name, Melissa? Melody? Mercedes? Yeah, that's it. Mercedes. She was the one in my classes and that girl near my locker that always gave me heart eyes. Plus she's in Glee Club with me. I didn't like her like that. I didn't like any girl like that. I just recently came out, like yesterday. Or Friday? Wednesday? Sunday? Wait, we don't have school on Sundays, idiot.

Her glazes make me uncomfortable. I'm too nice -not to sound self-centered- to reject her, so I just silently deal with it.

As I slowly regained my hearing, I heard a male voice.

"Kurt?" His voice was low, but not too low. I had never heard his voice before.

He let out a humorless chuckle and was quiet for quite awhile.

Maybe I lost my hearing again. He wasn't talking or making any noise.

I knew I was wrong when I heard him sigh.

He tapped on his leg (I think?) and formed a steady beat. It was a slow pulse.

"You think I'm pretty without any make-up on, you think I'm funny when I tell the punch line wrong, I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down." He kept the pulse going on his leg but skipped forward in the song. "You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream." He stopped suddenly and squeezed my hand. I gained just enough energy to lightly squeeze back. It was only to let him know that I could hear him.

Not because his voice was extremely sexy. Nope. Not at all.

A gasp was heard and I no longer felt the warmth from his hand against mine.

"He responded! Guys!"

Guys? People cared enough to see me? That's a shock.

"Is he okay?" I know this voice by heart. Finn Hudson. Oh God, I love him. Screw that other guy, Finn is so sweet. I mean, yeah he watches people throw me in dumpsters, but he lets me take off my coat or hat or scarf if I really like it. Plus, since he joined Glee, he hasn't let people bully me.

"I- I don't know!" That was the mysterious guy's voice. I still don't know his name. He sounded like he was in tears.

"Don't worry. He'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Why was he so worried for me? I'm nothing special. David definitely reinforced that into my brain over the last few days.

"Yeah." I knew this voice. I've heard it before. Who was it? Damn it! Why does my brain have to be so jumbled up?

I hate those stupid bullies. They think they're so much better than me because they play sports and have more friends than me. That doesn't make them better than me. That doesn't give them the right to make me fall on a tile floor and have my head so damn messed up.

I could tell the voice was a girl, but that's all.

I could tell that the new boy didn't believe the girl and somebody sighed.

Maybe I could try and open my eyes? It means that I could see the new boy.

Slowly, light filled my eyes. It hurt since my eyes weren't used to bright light. The first thing I saw were caramel colored eyes looking into mine. He gasped, but couldn't bring himself to talk. I closed my squinted eyes once again.

Just seeing those eyes brought a weird feeling into my stomach. I felt like I was going to cry because of joy. Butterflies were not just in my stomach, but everywhere. My heart felt like it was beating a million beats per minute.

I never felt this when I looked at Finn. This was different.

I fell back to sleep with a certain pair of light brown eyes in my mind.

"When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in anyway."