An Old Enemy Returns

The wolf pups are now 13 years old

(These are the parents of Rosalie, Twila, Astrid, and Isis: Aurora and Florian)

"Come on girls move your tails!" Rosalie encouraged as she and her sisters raced side by side in the woods "Rosalie you're going too fast" Astrid panted "that's the point Asti; if you want to learn how to take a cougar down one day then this is it...

"Come on girls move your tails!" Rosalie encouraged as she and her sisters raced side by side in the woods "Rosalie you're going too fast" Astrid panted "that's the point Asti; if you want to learn how to take a cougar down one day then this is it speed, strength, and stealth are the only tactics of being a wolf" Rosalie pointed out.

"Rosalie's right sis take Cerise for example if she were to sneak up on one of us with or without warning what would we do?" Twila asked as she was interrupted by their mother howling "come on girls we better head back before mom and dad start worrying their tails off and wondering where we are" Isis told her sisters before all four of them bounded off back to the pack.

As they headed back to the den a wolf boy accidentally bumped into Twila "oh my gosh sorry" a wolf named Caspian said "it's ok I just didn't see where I was going that's all" Twila assured getting back up "hello Caspian" she smiled "oh h-hi T-Twila" Caspian greeted nervously "hey Isis" Keuzon greeted with a smile "hi Keuzon" Isis blushed looking away "hey Astrid" Troy wagged his tail Astrid giggled as she wagged hers "what's up Troy?" Astrid wagged her tail.

All 8 wolf pups returned to the den where Keuzon's mother Miyuki, Shadow's mother and father Senira and Artemis, Troy's mother and father Annabelle and Chancellor, and Caspian's mother and father Paris and Maxwell as the wolf sisters returned to Aurora and Florian "girls there is something we need to discuss with you" Florian announced "what is it dad?" Twila asked "as you all know someday you will become the next leaders of our pack" Florian said.

"We know that dad and we'll be ready" Rosalie said confidently "good because one day your mother and I won't be here and then you four will lead our pack and you will take Roland and Sheila" Florian explained "we know what you're going to say father, we need to stop acting like omegas and start acting like alphas" Rosalie said.

Just then Florian heard rustling in the bushes at first he thought it was only a fox or rabbit but the scent was familiar to him somehow that only made him growl (like this)

"Florian what is the matter?" Aurora asked touching his nose with hers "get the pups in the cave" Florian lowered his ears baring his teeth looking towards the horizon "why? What's wrong?" Aurora asked "the cougars are back" Florian's eyes gleamed in the setting sun Aurora gasped "but they haven't been very active ever since Roland and Sheila had their last born cub Lorelei" Aurora said shocked "for some reason they're still plotting to destroy us all" Florian said in a hushed voice before climbing on top of a boulder howling.