Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

It's morning and I start running towards the Glade. I've memorised every turn of the Maze. After a while of running I finally see the Glade.

I kept running and finally reach there and collapse to the ground. 'What was that? What's happening to me?' Was what on my mind as everything turned black. The last thing I remembered was the others running towards me. And newt cradling me in his arms "Y/N. Wake up" he yelled. Then everything turn black.

-The New Greenie-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a month, I've decided on being a Track-hoes. What happens in the Maze really shocking me, I don't want that to happen again. So here I am in the garden with Newt working on the garden.

Today is the day for another unfortunate people to be sent in this hell hole. That person could arrive anytime now. I don't really pay much attention to that. My mind is being clouded by questions. Like, 'what happen in the maze?' 'How did the Griever froze?' 'Was it my doing?' And more. But those question will be left unanswered as Long as I have no memory.

"Hey?" I heard a voice next to me. I turn to see Newt. "Yeah?" "Are you okay?" "Why wouldn't I be?" "Well you seem lost" "Did I?" "Yeah" I just look down. "Sorry. There's just something clouding my mind. It's really.... Confusing me" "you wanna talk about it? Maybe I could help" "no. I don't think you can... Thank you for offering though" I turn to him and smile softly.

Suddenly the greenie alarm rang. Newt and I stood up and start running towards the box. "Another unfortunate shank to be sent here" I heard someone mumble.

The box came to a stop. Winston and Gally open the box. Gally jump into the box. We all look down. The greenie woke up. "Day 1 greenie. Rise and shine" I heard Gally said. He help the greenie out. When out of no where he took of running. "We got a Runners" "guys he's running towards the maze" "somebody stop him" I start chasing him as fast as I could. Without noticing I'm activating air bending. Making me run faster than ever. I was quick on catching the greenie. I jump on him and we both fall to the ground. I sat on him so he couldn't stand.

"Nice job, Y/N" "woah you've gotten a lot faster" I heard lots of them say things like that. Newt help me up. Gally and Clinton pick the greenie and put him in the Slammer. "How'd you run that fast Y/N? I never see anyone run like that" "I don't know myself"

Time-skip

Newt ask me to go to the Slammer to check on the Greenie. So here I am walking towards the Slammer. Once I reach there I kneel in front of the gate. I look to the greenie to see him looking down. "You okay there, greenie?" He jump at my sudden word. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you, greenie" "why do everyone keep calling me that?" "What? Greenie?" He nods. "Well that's what we call the newbie, unless you remember your name, do you?" "No... *panics*why can't I remember anything?" "It's normal... It happens to all of us. Your name will come back to you in a day or two, that's all you'll ever remember" "why?" "I don't know greenie. That's what they did to us. Wiping our memories and put us here every month" "who?" "We call them The Creators" "what is this place?" "*chuckle* you sure ask a lot huh? But that's for the leader to tell you, not me" "okay. But can I ask you one thing?" "Yeah what is it?" "Why is there only one girl?" "I don't know"

"Is he calm yet?" I turn to see Newt. "Yeah he's calm enough" I turn to the greenie. "If I open this door. Don't you dare run away" "okay" I open it and let Newt handle the rest. Since its late I went to take a shower and put on my night clothes.

I went to my hammock and lay down. Slowly falling asleep.

*to be continued*

A/N: that's it for this chapter. Sorry it's shorter than usual. I'll try to make the next part longer. Thank you for reading and bye...