Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

Back to Y/N P.O.V

If I would've known that my heart can be this painful because of love. I'd rather be heartless. So I don't have to feel any pain of breaking my heart like this. I wish it would just go away. All I want is to disappear, without pain.

Now I know that love is a dangerous thing
I wish I never fall in love in the first place
Love is so painful and deadly.

-Loss-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since Newt betrayed me. I didn't talk to him since, my heart is still hurting. I don't know how much longer I could handle this pain. I want this pain to go away. I don't wanna be in pain anymore.

I haven't been myself lately. I still do my job as a Runner, but everytime I got back I always lock myself away. I never come out of my hut, only come out when I needed to go to the wash room or I'm hungry. Newt felt guilty for what he has done. He kept trying to get me to talk to him, but I never respond. I only told him that I understand that he loves Teresa now. He didn't deny it which hurts me more. But he tells me that he still loves me. That made me mad. One time I yelled at him "what do you think of me?! You can't just like two people in the same time. You can't?! That's just mean you're playing with my feelings, Newt?!" But that's the only think I've ever said to him.

Newt P.O.V

I feel so guilty for making Y/N this way. She's right liking 2 people in the same time just means I'm toying with their feelings. What have I done? I love Y/N so much. I have to find a way to win her back. That kiss with Teresa felt so wrong.... Why would I do that? Oh right.... She try to convince me and I actually fall for that... I'm so stupid. Thomas is really mad at me. I'm sure he's in love with Y/N. What if Y/N fall for Thomas and forget about me? No! I have to do something to win her back.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

It's around noon. 2 more hours until it's time to return back to the Glade. We kept running around the maze hoping to find something new. Anything... To help us get away from this hell hole.

2 hours had pass and it's time to run back to the Glade. During running this whole day none of us said a word, not even during break. I guess they want to give me alone time. I'm grateful for that. I'm in no mood to do anything at all. We keep running towards the Glade. After a while we finally reach there. I hurriedly make my way to my hut and lock the door because I know Newt will try and get me to talk.

I was right. A few minutes after I entered my hut there's a knock on my door. "Y/N.... Please let me in.... I need to talk to you..." "Leave me alone Newt" I yelled at him hoping he would listen. It's silent but I know he's outside, I can hear his breathing. "Y/N.... Please...." He pleads one more time. I just stayed silent. After a while I finally hear his footstep walking away. I slid down and lean to the door sobbing.

It's too much. This pain is too much. Everytime I see Newt, I always remember that day. The day he betray me and make-out with Teresa. I just sit there and continue to cry.

After a while I heard another knock. "Go away Newt?!" I yell. "It's not Newt. It's Thomas" I hesitantly stand up and open the door. Thomas pulled me closer and caress my head gently. I hug him back and crying to his chest "it hurts Thomas, I have no idea that love would be this painful. I wish I never fall in love with him" I say sobbing. "Shh... I understand. Please... Stop crying, Y/N. It hurts me to see you like this" Thomas whispers gently. After a while I finally calm. I pull away from his embrace, he grab my hand "come on it's time for dinner" he said pulling me with him. Thomas, probably the only one that get me to talk after these passed few days. He's the only one who understand my pain.

The Next Day

Y/N P.O.V

Today is my last straw. I can't take it anymore. I didn't go for a run today because Thomas told Minho that I needed a break. So I just laid in my hammock. I've never been in pain. I went to the kitchen. I walk towards Frypan "hey, can I have some meal? I'm pretty hungry." "Sure! Here!" He said handing me my meal. "Thanks Fry" I took it and walk away. I grab my archery and some more supply.

The maze door is gonna close any second. I walk towards the entrance and stood there for a while, waiting for the right time. No one notice what I'm doing. Which is good.... I don't want anyone stopping me. This way.... I'll be away from Newt and all the pain. The Gladers will be safe from me too. Once in a while I still accidentally started fire. It's finally start closing, I walk forward entering the Maze. Someone screaming my name but I ignore them. I'm finally inside I turn around to see its Newt. The last thing I see before the maze closes is Newt expression, the mixture of sadness and pain. I also notice a few tears flowing down his cheeks.

Newt P.O.V

When I heard from Frypan that she ask for meals I already have a bad feelings. I went straight to her hut to find it's unlocked and empty. I keep looking and found her in the maze entrance. She's entering the maze... It's gonna close any minute. I start running trying desperately to stop her from entering the maze. But.... I was to late. The door has closed with Y/N inside. I start punching, kicking the door. It's all my fault.... If I didn't hurt Y/N.... She would've still be here with me. "It's all my fault!!" I screamed. Then suddenly I heard a blood-curling scream from inside the maze and a roar I know too well.... The Griever. I dropped to my knees... Crying my eyes out "no.... Please..... Please.... No..... No!!!!!" I scream. I can't believe this..... She's gone. Y/N is gone.... and it's all because of me. I keep screaming. Until the others grab me and take me to the Med-jack hut. They tied me to the bed, but I keep struggling. After a while I just gave up and laid there crying. "She's gone.... Y/N... Is gone. Please wake me up from this nightmare" I say sobbing. All the other boys are crying as well. Exhaustion start to consume me. I fall asleep eventually, with endless tears in my eyes.

*to be continued*

A/N: nooooo!!!! Y/N is gone 😢😢 or is she😏? Wanna know? Keep reading and find out in the next chapter of Abnormal ( Newt X Reader ). I'll be updating soon. Wait patiently for the next part. Bye!!!!