Chapter 3

"Oh my god, you guys look perfect." Veronica smiled widely as she looked at Betty and I in our new uniforms.

I jumped in excitement, clapping my hands together, "Oh, you guys, this is gonna be so much fun!" I exclaimed before pulling the two in for hugs.

Veronica laughed and pulled away, checking herself out in a nearby mirror as I laughed at her. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to Betty.

"Thank you, Trinity." She smiled showing off her perfect white teeth.

"Oh, Betty, there's no need to thank me. Seriously." I grinned at her and rubbed her arm in reassurment. She shook her head before speaking,

"No, I mean it. If it weren't for what you did back there, I wouldn't be on the team. I owe you."

Right then, Veronica approached the two of us before nodding along with Betty, "Yea, Trin, what you did back there was seriously badass. I'm proud of you." She smiled before lightly punching my arm playfully.

"Alright, well I'll catch up with you two later. See you at the dance tonight, yea?" I asked the two girls standing before me as I picked up my bag, ready to leave.

"Of course." Veronica agreed, nudging Betty who looked unsure at first but then smiled.

"Great." I smiled before departuring with a hug to both girls.

I walked out of the lockerrom of girls with my bag on my shoulder and saw Cheryl walking not too far ahead of me, so I decided to run up to the strawberry headed girl.

She looked over at me distastefully before looking ahead like she was before, "What do you want?"

I sighed, "Look, Cheryl, I'm sorry but I couldn't let you treat my friend like that okay?" I looked over at her and she glanced down but decided not to say anything.

I took a deep breath before speaking again, "Look you and I aren't that different." I confessed and she turned her head, confused. "When my dad got arrested, it was the worst thing ever, all these trolls started writing horrible things about us."

"Like what?" She finally decided to speak which made me smile a bit before I continued, "We'd get letters and e-mails saying that my dad was a thief, my mom was a clueless socialite, and that Veronica and I were the spoiled ritch bitch ice princesses." I nodded as we stopped walking.

"And the worst part was, that what they were saying, it was true."

Cheryl crossed her arms, pausing for a bit. "Oh. I'm sorry." She said like it pained her to apologize.

I squinted at her before chuckling, "Was it really that hard for you to say?"

She laughed before uncrossing her arms, "No, I'm sorry. Again."  We both laughed in unision after she apologized for the second time but this time it came easy.

I looked at her for a moment before shaking my head, "It's okay." I bit my lip as we continued to walk before I spoke again, "Do you wanna go to the dance later?" I looked over at her.

She hesitated but eventually shrugged, "I don't know. The principal wanted me to say a few words about Jason." She spoke quietly and I took in a deep breath but nodded understandingly.

"But hey, you should come to the after party at my house. It's a good way to start your first year here in Riverdale, don't you think?" She smiled, showing off her perfectly applied red lipstick.

"Sure. Why not?" I said with a grin.

...

"Wow." I whispered more to myself as I walked into the big, what no longer looked like, gymnasium. Sure I've been to plenty of parties in my days but I wasn't expecting a school dance to look like this.