Chapter one: Izaya's Bravery

Izaya's POV:

Hey guys, you remember me, the most hated in Ikebukuro. probably everyone hates me. I'm very evil, I think I'm probably the most, disturbing person in the world. But after these past three years, I've grown a bit soft. I was unable to recover from my paralysis that was sustained in the battle against Shizu-chan, well Shizuo. I will admit my actions were a bit uncalled for, I hate him still till this day. I wonder if I could learn to co-exist with others. I mean I'm always hiding behind the wall I put up, to block the outside world. 

"Izaya-san, you got something in the mail", Manami said.

"Thank you Manami, I appreciate it", I said with a smile. 

"You know why I'm here still right"?

"Yeah, you just want to see me die".

Manami gave me my mail, and I had a high school reunion invitation.

"What, an invitation, to Raira academy", I said. 

"Well, Izaya, are you going to go"?

"I don't know, that city pretty much hates me you know".

"Yeah understandable".

"You know what, I'll go".

"Really".

"Yeah".

"What if Heiwajima-san shows up", Kine asked.

"So what if he shows up, but it has been a while since I've seen him. I wonder what's he up to, I don't really care too much about the fighting, though, hopefully he doesn't try to kill me", I said. 

Shizuo's POV:

                      I was cleaning up the tables in the bar that worked at. I use it a a par time job to earn some extra spending cash. I still work as a Debt collector for Tom. It's been almost 3 years since that flea disappeared. I kinda hope he's alive you know. I went to check his apartment it had been cleaned, he probably moved away. I got this letter earlier for my reunion earlier. It's on that same day, that the fight happened. The night he disappeared from my life. I'm going only to see if that flea will show up.  

After a few days, I smelled something disgusting. 

"So he's here, I'm going to look for that asshole", he thought.

"What's wrong Shizuo", Tom asked. 

"I smell a familiar smell".

"Don't tell me, you think he's back".

"He probably is".

"Don't worry about him, you've calmed down your temper ever since he left".

"Right, sorry Tom, I should probably calm down before I hurt anyone".

"Right".

"Izaya, I swear if you are here I will kill you".

Izaya's POV:

     I was getting ready in some nice clothing and I brushed my hair. 

"Hmm, how do I look", I asked. 

"Not bad, but are you sure you want to do this I mean Heiwajima might kill you this time".

"I have a plan B".

I had a knife in my pocket. 

After getting me into a van and putting my wheelchair in the back, we rode off towards the  reunion. Manami accompanied me.  I saw a familiar face after riding around in my wheelchair. I was Shinra. 

"Shinra", I said. 

"Izaya, where have you been all this time, I thought you were dead"?

"I've been outside the city, you see that I'm not in top condition right now, I'm completely paralyzed from the waist down".

"What are you serious"?

"Yeah".

"Hey, I thought I smelled Vermin", I heard. 

I turned my chair to look at him. The person I probably have made suffer the most in life.

"Shizuo-san", I said. 

He did a double take. 

"Did you just say my name"?

"Yeah, I did, would you rather be called your last name"?

"No it's fine".

He looked at me with pity in his eyes. 

"You know I thought you were dead, with all that happen".

"Yeah I thought I might have died too, it was thanks to two people that my life was saved, she's one of them, Manami Mamiya", I said.

She bowed. 

"You saved him"?

"Well I made sure that his wounds had enough pressure to keep the blood from continuing to drain out of him", she said. 

"Anyway, hows your life been Shizuo, me myself, I have decided to try to become a better person", I said with a smile. 

A sincere one not one of my fake ones I always do. 

"Wow, you're  deciding to do that", Shizuo asked.

"Yeah".

Shinra looked shocked. 

"Wow you guys went 5 minutes without killing, each other. You guys are finally getting along I'm glad".

"That's because I won't kill a cripple".

"I don't want to risk my life, either", I said. 

Shinra smiled at the sight of me and Shizuo get along. I'm glad I made him smile. I owe him a lot.