8

a/n before we start this chapter off i just want to say thank you all so much for the reads/votes and comments. i love your little comments left on my chapters, i'm glad to see such a great fandom, and you're all amazing and if you kept this fanfiction in your libraries while i didn't update for half a year and came back to read this, thank you!!

"So what's wrong with Anthony?" I drunkenly asked.

We were back in Flea's bedroom, it was 4am and we were too riled up to sleep, so we laid beside each other catching up on the years I missed talking to him.

I lived with him, but the only thing I ever said to him was either shut up or calling him an idiot for some stupid shit he'd do.

"You're not gonna like this Mel." He said seriously, it was now quiet in the room and not a chuckle came out of us.

"Just tell me." I whispered.

"Anthony's addicted to heroin."

"What?"

"Anthony, can I ask you a question?"

He nodded, looking over at me.

"What were you doing downtown at this time?" I glanced over at the digital clock that read 2:41am.

"Oh u-um just taking a walk, you know."

I nodded assuringly, completely aware that wasn't what he was doing downtown.

That whole night ran through my head in a span of seven seconds, he was downtown looking to score drugs, not to take a fucking walk.

I peeled up my shirt a bit, taking a look at the huge bruise still unhealed on my ribs from the blows I took.

He saved my life, but he can't save his own, I can't believe I had no idea he was on heroin.

"Mel? You okay?" Flea asked breaking the dead silence.

"No."

All of a sudden everything just hit me. Hillel is gone. I didn't even cry when it first happened but I could feel tears welling in my eyes. He was always so nice and considerate of me, picking me up from work if I couldn't get a ride home, and it was all because of a stupid drug. Now I could quite possibly lose someone else I've became close to, someone I trusted, after my frantic ex, I never thought I could find someone to trust again, like him, Flea too.

"Are you addicted too?" I asked.

"No. I've tried hard shit and I don't want to ruin my life, I'm pretty much just a pothead."

I chuckled a bit but it sounded more like choking, I don't cry too much, I have hard feelings but mostly it's everything. I went from being physically abused to losing a friend to heroin, to possibly losing another friend, constantly working and making jack shit.

"Hillel's wake is in two days, are you coming?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."