DANGEROUS ANIMALS

Ashley quickly left, leaving Brendon and I alone. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it.

AshlEY: hey butt, i didn't really have to go, kiss him!!

Dallongleg: what??? I cant do that!

AshlEY: yes you can! im making you! now stop texting me and kiss him!!

I sighed, there was no point in trying to argue with Ashley, she was very stubborn. And I knew that if she had to, she would burst through the door and push our lips together.

"Brendon, you know that I really care about you right?" I asked.

"Yes. I just don't want you getting hurt, I really care about you too. Like, a lot," he replied. I nodded and he looked down. Now's your chance, I thought. My heart was racing as I scooted to sit right across from him. "I just really hurt Spencer, and now we don't talk as much and he probably has moved on, but I just know I really hurt him an-" I cut him off by grabbing his face and kissing him. To my surprise, he kissed back. His lips felt just like I imagined they would, soft and full, as our lips moved slowly in sync with each other for a moment. I stopped just long enough to look at Brendon's face, his dark eyes met mine before he leaned in and kissed me again.

My hands still rested on the sides of his face as we kissed again, my heart pounding against my ribcage. I felt Brendon's small hands grab onto my waist and pull me closer, reaching up to rest his hand against my cheek. My lips opened and I touched my tongue against his lips, he immediately responded and opened his lips as well, our tongues brushing softly against each other. I reached down to rest one hand on his hip and pulled him forward and onto my lap, his thighs on either side of my hips. The hand I had still resting on his cheek moved up to run through his dark mess of hair, tugging on it slightly as he fisted the fabric of my shirt in his hand around my waist. I wrapped my arm around his waist to pull his chest against mine and a small whimper escaped his mouth. We were interrupted from our heated moment when I heard the door swing open and Brendon threw himself from my lap, gasping as he fell off my bed and onto the floor.

"Hey Dallo-oh my!" Frankie stopped and covered her mouth with her hand. "What is this?"

Brendon scrambled to stand up, stuttering as he tripped and fell back on his face. "I-uh-have to go home. Taylor wants me home!" Frankie moved aside as Brendon quickly grabbed his bag and scurried down the stairs and out the door.

"Wait, Brendon--" I tried to call after him, but Frankie stopped me, raising an eyebrow at me, and Brendon was out the door already anyways.

"What's going on here?" Frankie asked and I felt my cheeks burn even more.

"I- uh, please don't tell mom and dad," I pleaded.

"You still haven't come out to them?" Frankie asked and I shook my head. "Dallon! Even if dad isn't totally accepting, mom will understand and you won't be kicked out if that's what you're worried about."

"But, Uncle Carl-"

"Mom is not her parents Dallon, just like we aren't our parents." I nodded. "Now tell me, this Brendon guy," she said wiggling her eyebrows vigorously. I groaned in embarrassment and covered my face with a pillow.

--

My parents finally arrived home at 7:33. I heard their car pull in, then a lot of talking downstairs. My guess was Frankie was saying hello to them and all.

"Dallon!" I heard my father call.

"What?" I called back. No response. "WHAT?" Still no response. I rolled my eyes and picked my computer up off my lap, setting it on my bed. I stomped downstairs, being extra loud on purpose. "What!" I said irritated. My parents turned around to face me.