The Imperfect Beauty • Ravi •

(A/N: Request from Vixx04CatboyLeo thank you for requesting once again and I apologise for the long wait. I hope you enjoy it!!)

Kitty's POV

Sadly, the ratio of hybrids to real humans are slowly decreasing. Being perceived as a wild, abnormal creature or something that is strangely unique, was something very common amongst the real humans. Who has no tinge of hybrid blood of any kind.

Being a hybrid had its benefits and disadvantages.

The obvious one is the powers that I was able to acquire and the multiple tricks I could keep on learning while history is involved.

The disadvantage would be being different from everyone else.

I am a human with cat ears and a tail, people will obviously judge me unless one is also a hybrid or a person who is genuinely nice.

But lately I've been more self-conscious because of the discrimination happenings lately, knowing that I am not normal it could possibly affect me. Since I am in school, that's the easiest place to instantly not belong.

So how rare are we?

Currently there are 5 of us in this entire school of 1,300 students in this area which is rare for hybrids like me to live in.

But if we lived in a more common area where cat hybrids lived then it will be 5-10.

So the other hybrids and I are close to each other since that's the only way to feel comfortable in this hell hole. Which meant when we came to school, the principal told us to at least hide our tails and say that our ears are headbands with some sort of technology. Which made me and the others feel more uncomfortable than usual.

I am a human crossed with the Bengal Cat gene, which makes my look a bit more exotic due to the leopard look but still tamed. Thus the name Kitty was given to me by my parents. Makes sense right?

"Kitty, are you coming to the library?" We have a Biology assessment due soon and we couldn't afford to waste time on procrastinating even though we have done that for majority. I chased my friends and we walked together to the school library, there was four of us and two are pure human.

Our elders advised us for hybrids with the same age go to the same school so we could have a chance in being in the same class. Only 2 out of the 5 chose biology and we were lucky enough to be in the same class one of the two.

"God how can they were born like that?" Our ears censor the slightest noise, especially when it's about us.

"At least we're not basic like you," whispered Katniss.

The group of girls stared at us and I did the same but my eyes started to illuminate, which freaked them out.

We borrowed the seminar room, so we can have our own comfortable conversations. "How do you take comments like that?" Asked the pure human.

"It's something to get used to, but having the mentality to think that we have something that they cannot ever get."

Being unique.

Nowadays, some actually aspire to have those kinds of powers of any kind and were lucky enough to be born with it. After that mini conversation, we planned out and wrote notes for our Biology assessment. "Ahhh biology can suck a dick!" The other pure human was frustrated from learning about plants for the past term. "At least they give us oxygen," I said.

"True, but still. All these words are messing my brain," the pure human massages her brain. I chuckled and went back to writing notes, until someone disturbed us.