Chapter 1

//A/N: This is all off the top of my head... Sorry if it's sh*t... Hope you enjoy :), stay gold//

Ponyboy's POV~

   Rolling over I open my eyes to a unpleasant brightness coming through the window. Groaning I push the blankets off myself, slowing rising to my feet. Looking down I see Sodapop is still peacefully sleeping, and choose to let him rest for a while longer.
   After grabbing cloths and changing, I head down stairs to see the whole gang spreed across the living room. Yawing, I walk into the kitchen to be greeted by TwoBit's chest.
   "Well hello Horseman" the 17 year old states smirking. Glaring at him, I push on his chest walking past him, I grab a plate getting food. Walking back into the living room and sits on the couch, only to soon be join by a tall male eating cake.
   I feel my ears start to burn at how close Steve sat next to me. I mean... I'm not gay, but Steve is pretty good looking for a boy. I see him turn to me for the corner of my eye.
   "You okay Ponyboy? You look kinda red.." my face grew darker and I turn to face him slightly.
   "Yeah I'm fine.. not like you care anyhow" even though I mumbled the last part, I think he heard me because I saw his fist ball. I wanted to say sorry but I didn't. Instead I turned away and continued eating my eggs.

    Steve's POV:

   Damn...I was just asking if the kid was alright. He didn't need to get snappy. Subconsciously I move farther away from pony. I never took a liking to the kid, I don't know why. I guess I just want to hang with my buddy and he is always getting in the way.
   He tags along to everywhere Sodapop and I go. After a while it gets annoying. The more I think about it, soda hasn't been down here.
  "Ponyboy, where is soda?" He hums slightly and hooks his thumb over his shoulder pointing to the stairs. Turning my head I see a shirtless Soda. Rubbing his eyes he talks softly.
   "Was I called for?" Shrugging I stand and walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Ponyboy followed me and I roll my eyes.
   I watch as he puts his plate in the sink and turns to me. He shifts on his feet and looks down.
   "I didn't mean to snap at ya Steve. Honest" did he just apologize? Nah I'm hearing things.
   "Are ya PMSing or something kid, you aren't like that normally." I break out in a smile. Grinning, I look down at him. I watch as his face goes red again and he shifts.
   "N-No! I just...why you being so nice Steve...? Don't ya hate me or somethin'?" He moves his eyes off the floor and looks at me.
   Why am I being nice. I do hate him. So why am I checking up on him, and joking around with him? Shrugging I push it off.
   "I don't know kid. Just in a good mood I guess. Don't go tell Soda or no one I'm going soft" smiling I walk out of the room, totally forgetting my water glass behind me.
   Why am I being nice to him...

A/N: ok wow... Sorry it sucks, and it's boring. It gets better I promise!! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and I'll try to update as soon as I can. Stay gold.
              Words: 591