four: once in a lifetime opportunity

Taehyung looked at me with a judging look, “Are you a kid or something? You're broken hearted, and you eat sweets instead of getting wasted.”

I rolled my eyes, and shoved a choco ball in my mouth for the twentieth time, “Then what do you think I'll do? This is a candy, slash, cake store, Taehyung. Most of our costumers are kids. Do you think we'll sell soju or even beer here?” I said, and ate another choco ball.

“I didn't know you had feelings for Minki.” Taehyung said. I chewed and swallowed on the choco ball with a bitter look in my face, “Hey, look. We nearly fucked. How can I not have any feelings attached to him? I mean... Her? Ah, whatever.” I said, and drank another glass of cold water.

Taehyung just looked at me, and I ignored him as I kept on drinking water until I drank the last drop, and I slammed the glass on the table like it was some kind of bottle of any alcoholic beverage or something.

“Oh Taehyung, have you decided to marry Minji now?”Mom suddenly entered the scene, and Taehyung just laughed, since my mom was always asking him the same question over and over for years now.

I groaned, “For the love of choco balls, mom. I'm not marrying anyone. And I'm so not marrying Taehyung. He's kind of seeing that girl from Daegu who was our classmate back in preschool.. Who was that again? Cheon.. Cheonmi?”

“Cheonkook.”Taehyung corrected. I nodded, “Yeah, Cheonkook.”

Mom just clicked her tongue at me, and then looked at Taehyung, “Hey, go and set her up on a blind date with someone you know. She really needs to move out here, or maybe find a job.” Taehyung just laughed ,“Yeah, sure. But I guess none of my friends will even like Minji.” I hit Taehyung on the shoulder, but he just laughed.

A new customer entered the shop, and mom entertained the costumer. Taehyung left the shop to meet up with his girlfriend, and I am all alone again. While I was just sitting on the chair, doing nothing, the thought of Minki's lookalike entered my mind again.

I wonder what's his name, though... Why didn't I ask for his name or number? But that'll be too fast if I'll do that. Who knows when will I see him again?

And, just like in a really cheesy kdrama, someone entered the shop, and it felt like everything is in slow motion. I slowly looked at him, as my eyes widened.

It was the bubblegum-haired boy that I met at the grocery shop who looked like Minki. He looked around the shop to find some candies.

While my mother was just casually standing there at the counter, smiling at the new costumer that just entered the shop, I immediately rushed towards her, “Mom, step aside.”I said, pushing my mom slightly, and I stood at her place. “What? Why?”She asks, and I motioned towards the blue-haired guy.

Mom just examined the guy from afar, while she was nodding, as if approving on something. A smirk appeared on her face, “Go get him.” she says, and she slapped my butt, which made me jump a bit. Mom left the counter to help dad with the baking in the kitchen.....

...Or maybe they're doing other things... Heck, they're still 41, mom still has her period. Maybe Jimin and I will get another sibling after nine months.... Anyway, let us not talk about that.

I leaned in the counter, cupping my cheeks with my hands, and just looked at the blue-haired boy as he was picking some sweets in the candy corner and placed them in a ziplock bag that is provided at the side. He picked a lot of candies, Does he have a sweet tooth? I wondered.

When the blue-haired boy went towards my direction, I immediately straightened up, and fixed my clothes a bit. He arrived at the counter, and placed the bag of sweets on the counter.