Prologue

(Serenity)

      "There's this thin line that strings us together and I am captive to your pull. If you were so kind, you'd cut the tether... But I must ask of you, to be cruel. Because I can't imagine a world in which I must live without you." Lips as red as blood, it is the only thing that captivates my vision. "Serenity." The voice is low and hoarse, it trembles my bones as I see teeth biting skin. "Serenity!" I jump with a gasp in my wake.

        Opening my eyes, it takes a while for the world to finally fall in. Blankets, white as snow, long and silvery, just like everything else in this room except for one single thing. He stares at me, his blue eyes filled with such a certain kind of intensity. Wearing his armor made of iron, his blond hair is uncombed and messy. Because there's always a job to do and we never have the time to waste, not even a second of it. But I can't help it, my mind starts to wonder away from me again.  Tossing my pale slender legs over the side of the bed, I stare off into the distance. Why do I keep having that dream? Why does it always keep... coming back to me? What do such words mean? 

             "Serenity, can you hear me?" Eli states boldly and in shaking my head, I'm somehow brought back down to reality. "I'm sorry, I've seemed to of lost my mind again." Staring at me intently, he crosses his arms against his chest. "Yeah... you do that a lot."

        Raising my eyebrows to his statement, I throw the blankets off of my body and finally stand up. "No, you don't precisely lose your mind. I think the more technical term is daydream or at least getting lost in deep thought. But that's besides the matter, change into your gear. Your going to meet him today." Instantly my feet are frozen to the floor, I look back over my shoulder to see his face. But his face has nothing to say, because  this is just a matter of business to him and nothing else... just another day. "Wait, you mean your brother? I'm to meet this man... this God, named Nikolai today?"

        "Yup." Instantly I turn on him. "But I thought that you said that I wasn't ready to meet him just yet. That we still needed at least two weeks of training before I was even readily able to be his body guard! That if we didn't wait, then he'd for sure out smart me, I mean he is the "God of Mischief" after all for Christs Sake Eli!"

       "Well, it looks like as if time says otherwise Serenity." Crossing his arms, his voice takes on a much deeper and darker tone. One, that I do not like... not even a little bit, not even at all. "And in what ways does time speak to you?" 

        "It means that there is none left Serenity and that we have to move, now."

________________________________________________________

           An abyss of darkness, that is how I would describe these prisons. They hold no light, other than the occasional torch in every other cell block. Our feet tap upon the floor carved out of black onyx. Eli's footsteps echo down the hallways as we move, his are hard and heavy just like the boom's of thunder, just like that of his power. Mine on the other hand are a lot softer, almost as if I were to be stepping on pillows and it takes us but only a few minutes to have finally reached Nikolai's cell door. I didn't know what I was expecting to see, but I guess that I could say that I wasn't expecting this. 

        The God of Mischief was sitting casually in a silk robe against the brick wall on the far left side. His black hair, so long that it falls down to his shoulders in his wake and you couldn't even see his face beneath such a curtain. Not unless he wanted you too that is and he clearly did not even want to consider looking at his brother and I couldn't blame him for that. Because when your own blood is the reason why your caged up like a beast or a bird... wouldn't you not want to look at them either?