green tea iced latte

Kim Soo Ah was new to Korea. Since she lived in America with her parents for so long, she completely forgot how everything worked there. After a few days of settling down in her apartment and unpacking, all she wanted to do was to go out and explore the city.

Walking through the streets of Seoul, Soo Ah noticed a rather vacant Starbucks Coffee Shop to her left. She decided to take the opportunity to have something to drink in the empty shop.

Walking up to the glass doors she saw no one at the counter either.

Is it closed?

She pulled on the door gently, which to her surprise it opened. Soo Ah walked into the coffee shop looking around to see if she could find any sign of it being open. She walked up to the counter.

"Excuse me? Is anyone here..?" she asked hoping to get an answer.

"Oh! Sorry, I'll be right there Ms!" a male voice called out from the back.

A few seconds later a boy around Soo Ah's age rushes to the counter.

Whoa.. his hair could save my life..

Soo Ah stood in awe as she stared at the cute boy behind the counter.

"Um..? Would you like to order?" the boy asked rather confused by the girl's awkward stare.

Oh no! He thinks you're a creep! It's only been a few days Soo Ah, don't mess things up!

"S-Sorry.. I'll have a green tea iced latte." Soo Ah responded shyly.

"Name?" the boy asked, smiling at the girl's shyness.

Soo Ah stared at the boy, practically drooling. She noticed his big lighthearted smile and his pretty hazel eyes. Her gaze fell, the name tag on his shirt catching her attention

"Hansol"

"Ms? Your name?" the boy now known as Hansol said in a relaxed tone.

"Soo Ah..!" she said in a rush due to the embarrassment.

Hansol only chuckled lightly and started to make her drink.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, Hansol finally finished making Soo Ah's latte. Seeing as there weren't any other customers except for her, Hansol decided to just take it to her.

"Here you go" Hansol eye smiled at Soo Ah.

"Thank you. Sorry for being so awkward earlier.. I'm a little new here.." Soo Ah managed to say without getting to shy.

"Really?" Hansol asked now completely interested in what Soo Ah had to say. Realizing that there really wasn't anything to do, he decided to sit down with her and talk for a bit.

"What brings you here?" He asked Soo Ah, his eyes bright with curiosity.

Soo Ah was a bit taken aback by the boys sudden interest, but continued with telling him about why she left America and came to Seoul.

"Well you see, I knew I was Korean since I was a child but my family never took me to visit. So I decided now that I'm older, why not live there for awhile. Besides it's really nice here.." Soo Ah explained to him.

"I'm glad to hear you like it here! If you want I'll be your tour guide around Korea, I'll show you everything I know!" Hansol said confidently. Soo Ah giggled at his enthusiasm and agreed anyway.

Half an hour had passed and Soo Ah noticed the sun starting to go down.

"Hey Hansol.. I have to get going now. I still have a lot of unpacking to do. I'll come back another day and maybe we can make plans to go somewhere." Soo Ah smiled at Hansol.

"Yeah sure!" Hansol called out from behind the counter where he was cleaning up.

Hansol hurriedly came out to walk Soo Ah out of the shop.

"It was nice meeting you Soo Ah."

"It was nice meeting you too Hansol." Soo Ah smiled as she began to walk off in the direction of her home.

"Wait! Soo Ah, here!" Hansol caught up to Soo Ah and gave her a slip of paper.

What is this?..

Before she could ask him what it was, Hansol had already gone back into the coffee shop. Soo Ah opened the folded piece of paper.

'Just in case, here's my number :) 4-906-5182'

Soo Ah smiled to herself while walking back to her apartment.

Message sent

Message sent.