Hero

So this story is about a boy, let's call him Jack. When Jack was about young weird things started happening, and by weird I mean waking up half naked in the dumpster behind Target. His parents just thought he was sleepwalking from stress, so his parents sent him off to live with his grandpa and had him enrolled in a kick-boxing class while his parents tried to find a place out of the city. During this time his mother unexpectedly passed away and his father, overcome with grief, decided to sulk in his unfortunate circumstance and beer and choose not to take his son back.

Fast forward, Jack has figured out how to control transporting and realized it happens when he is overcome with fear, and he was transporting when he was younger because he was having  nightmares (the nightmares could foreshadow the antagonist/plot/resolution). He also realized he has a healing factor, meaning he heals fast. Then Jack's grandpa tells him that this talent ran in the family (maybe curse, maybe evolution, maybe genetics). Jack becomes intrigued with the idea of crime fighting, but his grandpa made Jack swear to stay out of it.

Fast forward again. Jack, now being early 20s. Jack decided to move back into the city and makes just enough bank to be able to live in a studio apartment like a young tortured soul.

He never uses his powers in public until one day leaving work he catches his crush getting mugged (sure, why not?), as he is closing up. Jack, being incredibly whipped, decides to save the damsel. The mugger and damsel being a bit preoccupied, didn't notice Jack teleport in and Jack, using his kick-boxing skills, leaves the mugger unconscious.

Jack finds out his boss released the restaurant's surveillance camera's footage, showing Jack appearing from thin air and knocking the mugger flat on his butt. But you'll never guess what... the camera never caught his face. Well damsel shows up to his house starts asking a bunch of questions. Jack, of course, then decides to become a local hero.

Once Damsel knows, she decides to help him. Late nights and near death experiences lead to getting caught up in the moment- revealing feelings.

There obviously has to be a huge antagonist, but I'm not going to write this entire story. Maybe the villain could have psionic powers, or astral projection, or be mother nature (no I'm not talking about that lady from the tampon commercials who loves her periods).