Chapter 2//" 'What would you like today?' 'You.'"

"And the winning team of the 2017 World Championship is......." BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. Why must you do this to me alarm, I was sleeping so well. As I look over that the clock it reads 6:45. Great, I have 15 minutes to get ready and get to the gym for morning conditioning, ugh. Ah. I quickly put on a t-shirt and some pants, because I already have my spanks and sports bra on, and I already packed my bag last night. I just put my hair up in a ponytail and head down to the gym. I get there just in time to do some stretches and warm up. I love being on the competition team, but I never really know what to do because everyone has been on this team since they got here, and now I just show up out of the blue and took away one of their teammates. I feel bad about it, but I was given this opportunity I should not take it for granted. My group hasn't showed up yet, and I don't know what to think. Okay, it might seem likethat I care too much about cheer, but this has been my life. I've never had a boyfriend or anything like that. I have been in cheer since I could walk, this is my life I care so much about it.

After conditioning I get ready to head to the locker room. I make my way towards the showers and when I'm done, I go to my first class. The agonizingly slow day is spent with Dave swooning over Sean, and me feeling disgusted at the thought of dating him. My first five classes are boring as always and I just want to die. AAAAHHHHHHH. As I am headed to lunch I get stopped and pulled out of the hall way by Sean... ugh.

"Ashley, I know you don't like me, and trust me I would never date you either, but I know our dads want to help the business and combine Morgan and Wilson Industries, so why don't we just try it out. What do you say?" He explainsed nervously.

"I mean if it's for our dads, then why not? What do I have to lose?" I say annoyed.

"Okay, so how about 6:30?, We'll meet at Papa Louis'." He says hurriedly.

"Sure."

I walk into the cafeteria and get the awful looking plastic tray with a glob of they call food and go sit with Dave. "Why does the world hate me?" I ask aloud.

"What happened?" Dave askshad asked with concern.

"Oh, won't you be thrilled to know." I say sarcastically.

"Well, I was just stopped by the most handsome boy in your mind, and asked out to dinner for work. I am totally thrilled." I continue to explain while rolling my eyes.

"OMG! You have to tell me everything that goes on from beginning to end when that goes on, from beginning to end when you're done, okay? You got to I demand that you tell me when you're leaving the dorm, the restaurant, and when you get home." Dave says enthusiastically.

"Sure whatever, I don't even really think anything crazy is going to happen. I just want the free food." I explain to him while he's a guy not even paying attention to my struggles.

As I head to the gym for my free hour with Dave, I see The Sean Wilson sucking faces with a fake blonde Barbie. As I walk by, I pretend to start puking andand then run away before they can see me, but they did heard me laughing my head off. Once Dave and I get to the cheer gym, he sets up a camera and stars filming me while I practice to see what I need to work on. I give Dave my phone and speaker to play the music I need to practice. I start out easy with just going straight down the mat with round-off back handsprings. As I'm doing this, I see The Mystery Boy walk in and go to the locker rooms. "Why do I keep seeing this dude everywhere? I think he's a freaking stalkerhave it he is a stalker. Yep that's it." I mentally think to myself. THUD

"Ash, are you ok?" Dave basically screams while asking me.

"Yeah, I think so." I reply wondering what is going on and why I am on the ground. I get up, and brush off the chalk offfrom the mat and decide it's time for me to stop for today. I decide to askto just tell Dave to tell the main office that I' am sick and just sleep in untill I have to get ready for tonight.

I head up to my dorm and just lay down. I turn on Netflix and put a bag of ice on my head. I already know I' will fall asleep, so I set an alarm on my phone for 5 so I can get ready.

"We are sorry to tell you this but..." BEEP BEEP BEEP." I wake up from my nap in shock. I go to the bathroom and get ready for a shower. Once I'm done in the shower I wash and dry my face to do my make-up. I decided to do a light pink eyeshadow on the lower part of the top lid with a nice soft peach color on the rest then blended them together. I added a little bit of eyeliner with a tiny wing on the end. Even though I may not be excited to go to this dinner, it's never okay to go out to dinner without looking pretty in my book. After I finish my make-up, I do my hair,. I decideed on light beach waves. I have naturally straight hair so this is a little hard for me to do. I decide to wear a nice light pink dress that goes about mid-thigh with a low back andwith straps paired with a burgundy leather jacket to compliment it. It's about 6 o'clock when I start my car and leave campus. I vhaved my phone on the car charger and hooked up to the aux while I siang along to multiple musicals because why not. I quickly arrive at Papa Louis, which isn't a fancy restaurant but it's one that many go to on a special occasion.

I walk in and see Sean already at a table in the back. I head over to the table and sit across from him.

"You look nice." Sean had complements while eyeing mey up and down.

"Okay, pretty boy, keep your eyes up here and don't get any ideas, I'm here for business only." I indicate while pointing my fingers to my eyes. Boys, am I, right?.

"So, what do you want to talk about exactly cause the business seems to be fine at the moment." I delicately explain why I' am even at this useless dinner.

"Well, this dinner isn't for now it's for later. We need to know how to not constantly be mad at each other since you are the next in-line for your dads' company and I am for mine. If your dad signs the contract, we will have to work together in the future, so why not start now, right?" Sean explainsed.

"I mean, it would be nice, but I will not be your flavor of the week, this is only business." I explain with some strictness. It's not like I don't want a relationship it's just I don't want one with Sean. I start to look at the menu for their salads. The two salads that stand out are an Asiago Cesar salad and a Cranberry and Walnut salad with a balsamic vinaigrette. I decided to get the Cranberry salad.

"So, Sean, what are you getting?" I ask trying to not sound that judgmental.

"I might get either the 8 ounceoz sirloin steak or the chicken pParmesan pasta. What have you decided on?" He had questionsed.

"Well with cheer and everything I am going to have the cranberry and walnut salad with the balsamic vinaigrette." I had explained. Soon Enough our waiter comes to the table. He looks very familiar... No way... That's The Mystery Boy who made me fall at practice today!

"Hello my name is Gabe, I will be serving you today. Do you know what you would like today?"

"You."