Chapter 1: Arrival in Paris

Paris International Airport
Third Person POV

'This is it, a new chapter in my life. Hopefully a peaceful one.'thought a young woman of eighteen years as she got off a plane.

She was beautiful in an exotic way. Her hair was paper-straight, knee-length and jet-black in colour with her bangs cut into a straight fringe and wrist-length forelock on the sides (1). Her skin had a pale golden hue to it due to the lack of time not spent outdoors but it brought out the light splash of freckles under her eyes and along the bridge of her small nose. Her eyes were a medium-sea-green colour infused with medium-blue like the churning seas on a stormy day framed by long, thick lashes that would lazily flutter against her cheeks whenever she blinked. Her lips were naturally rose-petal-pink and were pulled into a small, gentle smile that portrayed her grace and dignity.

Her figure was delicate like a single red rose blooming in the harsh winter but strong in a sense with a touch of lethal grace to it. It had an hourglass and buxom effect with all the curves in the correct places and a surprisingly ample bosom.

Her height is what instantly threw you off guard. She was quite tall, standing at the incredible height of 5 feet and 10.86 inches or 180 cm (2). Taller than the average girl of modern times.

She was dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, black combat boots that were laced up and a black tank top.

Normally, this would make anyone assume that the young woman was an emo but however, this assumption was thrown out the window when you saw her gentle smile.

"Excuse me, are you Styx Rafaela Jackson?"asked a cheery and warm voice from the right side of the warrior-like eighteen-year-old woman. "Yeah, that's me and I assume you're my maternal cousin Marinette Luciela (3) Dupain-Cheng?" said the now identified Styx Rafaela Jackson. Her voice strong and gentle like the warrior she looked like.

Her medium-sea-green infused medium-blue eyes scanned her cousin's bluebell eyes.

"So, ummm, if you don't mind me asking, why did you leave America?"asked Marinette as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Styx frowned and sighed deeply.

She had been hoping to avoid that question for a while. "My boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend is an asshole who cheated on me with the resident Camp slut because she was willing to sexually pleasure him whenever he wanted sexual pleasure."replied Styx coldly.

Her eyes churned darkly and frosted over.

Marinette was barely holding in her own anger. What type of guy would leave his girlfriend for a bitch who gave her body willing?

"And just what is your ex-boyfriend's name?"inquired Marinette, venom puncturing the word name. Styx seemed to have an idea why her cousin asked and smirked darkly. "Theseus Dominic Grace (4)."

"Away from the whole ex-boyfriend drama. Just how do you exactly know French fluently?"questioned Marinette as her jet-black haired cousin turned to face her. "I always liked the French language so I decided to learn it. Alongside Latin, Korean and Japanese. Besides, I picked up things really fast."replied Styx with a secretive smirk.

Marinette knew what she was talking about (5). The bluebell eyed girl rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Since I don't know you much and visa versa. Let's play twenty-one questions."suggested Styx as Marinette giggled and nodded.