Part 01 - His Machine

It all started with a simple experiment. A simple handshake and signing a contract. A will to work for the government and a chance to create something new. Who could've thought such a thing could cause so much trouble?

Present day; 15th January 2035.

Third person POV

It was around eight o'clock. Kory was having his short break with his colleagues before going to work again.

"How's the weapon going?" Kory asked Citrine who was sitting across from him

"It's going... Alright. I still haven't finished the gas bombs yet though. On the good side, the fire canon should be finished and ready to be tested first thing tomorrow morning" Citrine said with a big grin on her face

"That's great news! What about you, Kory?" Zacharie asked as her bright green eyes glanced towards the black haired male.

"Well I have done a lot of progress on my works, but I think I wanna show you all something" Kory said in a lower tone, he looked around and saw all of his friends look at him with a lot of curiosity. He smiled widely in thoughts of his creation being praised.

Kory was about to say something but was cut off by the sound of the door being knocked. "Come in" They all  said out loud to the person who knocked. The door opened, the sound of shoes tapping the floor echoed throughout the room.

A man in his mid-twenties whom Kory didn't recognize walked into the room. Kory looked up at him and their eyes met. He looked back down at Kory and looked a little bit surprised to meet Kory's dark purple eyes. He looked away and cleared his throat to break the silence.

"Izrail said that breaks ending in ten minutes..." he said as his eyes looked away so nobody notices his blush. "Got it, thanks Zaire" Citrine said. "Why don't you have a seat?" Hana offered as she pulled out a seat for him. "Yes, thank you" Zaire said as he carefully sat down.

The room became silent, the moment felt a little bit awkward for all of them. "Oh yeah! Have you met Zaire yet? He's new here and you haven't got the chance to see him since you were absent yesterday" Zacharie said as she gave Zaire a light pat on his back.

Kory and Zaire stood up and looked at each other for a few seconds. Zaire extended his hand and Kory shakes it lightly. "Kory Distrastua, it's nice to meet you" "Zaire Mandala, it's nice to meet you too" Zaire said, taking back his hand. Both males sat back down on their chairs after. "Mandala, huh? Are you Zacharie's brother?" Kory asked. "He is, my long lost brother found at last!" Zacharie said cheerfully as she pulled Zaire closer

Zaire gave out a little smile before Zacharie let go of him. "Zacharie and I got taken away from each other since I was thirteen. It took me past twenty years to find her again" Zaire explained. "Is that so? Then you must miss her a lot" Kory said. "You said you wanted to show us something?" Citrine reminded him. "Yeah, let's go" Kory stood up and lead his friends to his lab.

Kory opened the door with the scan of his hand. He flicked the light switch to turn it on, the light revealed a human looking creature that was standing up very straight near a wall. The creature seemed asleep, with many wires connected to his arms, torso and neck. "This is my robot helper, Kasay." Kory said as he stood next to it. The other scientists stood around it. "Is it dangerous?" Nathan asked him. "It's not it Nathan, it's a he" Kory said as he pressed a button that caused all the wires connected to it disconnect.

Kory went close to it and reached for a button in the back of it's neck. He pressed it lightly and stepped back. The eyes started to flutter open, revealing two dark purple pupils. It's posture started to loosen and become more human like than before. It let out a few mechanical sounds before finally blinking a few times and came to life.