Chapter 2: I Guess I Love You

I sat at my desk feeling more nervous than ever before. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt like crawling into a corner.

  My birthday is tomorrow and I have to confess to Nisaka today. Otherwise, I would probably never be able to ever again. But I was so nervous that I couldn't even give myself the chance to look his way. I just didn't know what to do with myself.

  "Hey, Sorano-chan." I heard Misaki say to me.

  "H-hey....Misa-ki.." I said nervously.

  "What the matter? You look pale."

  "Don't worry," I said. "I'm fine, I just..." I took a deep breath but it did nothing to calm my nerves.

  "You just what?" Misaki asked, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

  "I..." I lowered my voice to a whisper. "I thought about it, and you were right, I've decided and I should tell Nisaka-kun my feelings. But it's so sudden, that I'm feeling very nervous."

  A wide smile spread across Misaki's face and a happy-sounding squeal erupted from her throat.

  "I'm so glad to hear that!" She squealed.

  "Don't say it out loud you'll attract attention," I said, whispering again. "And besides, I feel horrible about doing this. My stomach hurts and my hands are sweaty and I can't stop shaking, I've never felt this nervous as well as scared."

  I put my head down on the table and then Misaki pet my back. "Hey, let's go take a bit of a walk before class starts, hmm?"

  "That does sound kinda nice." I said.

  "Let's go." She replied.

  I got from my seat, and Misaki took me by the hand and walked me out the door.

  "Hey where are you two going?" A friend of ours asked. It was the girl with her hair in a bun, Ayano Katou.

  "We're just going to take a bit of a walk." Misaki answered. "You're welcome to come join us."

  "Hmm, I don't mind." She said, walking behind, but she also ended up bringing along another girl with blonde hair.

  As we walked down the hall a voice  called out to us.

  "Um, excuse me!" The person said. "You may not remember me but, my name is Yukari Nejima, we were in the same class in the 5th grade."

  We all turned around to face the person talking and it was a boy with short, dark brown hair. It seemed that he was talking to Misaki so she asked us to move on without her.

  "B-but, Misa...." I whined.

  "Don't worry, just wait over there for me." She said, letting go of my hand.

  I turned my back to her and walked down the the end of the hall.

  "How many confessions does that make this month?" One of our friends said.

  "I dunno, maybe 3 or 4." The other replied, laughing.

  So, Misaki really is that popular. She gets so many confessions from boys that she probably doesn't even know. But I guess that isn't unexpected, she is a very pretty girl. Her eyes are big which adds to her innocence. And her hair is short but still looks soft and silky. I envy her for her looks and beauty. I don't think I'm ugly, but I wouldn't say that I was as pretty as Misaki Takasaki.

  My hair is a almost a complete contrast to her's, it being long and a light brown color. My eyes weren't dark, like her's and didn't really hold a precious innocence in them. They were a deep reddish-brown color. My face was fairly sized and my skin is a somewhat, creamy, pale peach pigment.