1. Dead

Dead.

That's what someone would be if that someone was unfortunate to see me. No one can see me. I can't let it happen.

My hand automatically reaches back to the .380 Colt handgun tucked into my waistband. In my black coat pocket the package presses against my side. The package that all this is about.

Walk.

Walk.

Walk.

Keep walking.

Ok, here's the fence. It's not as high as I imagined, and there's no razor wire. Good. Maybe I can do this after all. Maybe? I have to. Have to.

Come on, leg up on the bottom rail, grasp something near the top. Pull. Swing. I'm almost on top. Keep going.

Footsteps. Oh no, not people. Ignore it, climb over the top. Hands grab my coat from behind. Great. I swing my leg around behind me, aimed at whatever's there. Strong arms catch my leg. Hands and arms pull me down from the metal fence.

When my feet hit the ground I shove in one direction. I hear someone grunt. Kick this way, punch here. I smash myself into bodies on all sides. They're just too strong. My right hand reaches back for my handgun, but someone slams into me and throws me backwards. I hit the ground, my gun clattering to the asphalt.

One of the attackers steps on my leg. I roll in the direction of the gun, but it is just out of reach.

"Will you come with us?" A deep voice says.

I don't answer. Throwing all my weight towards the gun, I twist out of their grasp. Grab the gun, got it. Using my momentum I roll and push to my feet. I throw my weight into a punch at the closest guy's stomach and he steps backward.

I spin around on one foot as I let the safety catch slide. Pointing the gun at the guy that spoke, I growl, "What do know about me?"

Everyone freezes. The leader guy steps back.

"Look, we didn't want to beat you up." He says.

"Expect me to believe that?" I hiss.

"No," someone growls behind me. That other guy. I let my guard down. Stupid.
He throws a hard punch into my shoulder, followed by a powerful kick to my back. Pain shoots all over and I can't think straight. I try to react but I'm too slow and he throws me forward. Slamming into the pavement, everything starts to spin. Someone wrenches my gun away and a kick is delivered to my head. The whole world, is spinning... and I need to move. Get up. Fight. But I can't, not right now... I want to sleep, sleep... sleep.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys, like that? It's funny, at this point I don't really have much of an idea of the plot right now... weird?
Anyway, please give me support, I need it, 'cause I give up to easily.

James Hunt