Happier

it's one of those moments. one of those moments when you wake up early in the morning when everyone else is asleep and you look at the sunrise and think. think about your life, your friends, your future. but sometimes, thinking can be dangerous.
thinking can make you realize that you're alone.
you think about how no one ever says that they miss you. or how they seem to enjoy being with other people instead of you. you think about the text from your ex saying how he wants you to be happy just like he is with his new girlfriend. you think about the picture of the boy you dated where he's sitting with his arm around another girl. you think about your very first boyfriend, who's finally moved on with a girl you've always considered better than yourself.
thinking can make you question yourself.
you think about where you went wrong and how you ended up here. you think that maybe things would have been better if you stayed with your old friends. you think that maybe you keep choosing the wrong people, or maybe you're just pushing all of the right people away. you think that maybe you've been messing everything up.
thinking can make you look at yourself.
you think how you still aren't happy with how you look. you think how you never seem to meet your own standards. you think how you're working so hard in school and you don't even know what for.

thinking makes you realize that when you wish for the people you care about to be happier, you aren't happy yourself.