chapter 1

Walking towards the dinning area, Seyi's mum walked behind her saying something but she decided to ignore her and placed the dishes on the table for her and her mum.

"At least give him a chance." Her mum said for the hundredth time in less than thirty minutes that morning.
She rolled her eyes at her mum hoping she would get the hint and change the topic but when she didn't, she voiced out.

"Mum" she started off slowly "I don't even like the guy. He's too nice for my liking. It seems like he's just putting up the act to impress me. To impress you." She collected the bowl of fried rice from her mum and helped herself out.

"Of course not. Tunde likes you o. In fact, he always asks if he could drop by to say 'hello' but I just had to stylishly turn him down just because I wasn't sure of what your reaction would be like." She said before forking slices of plantain into her mouth.

      Tunde was the son to Seyi's mum's friend. He was a chattered accountant and he had eyes for Seyi but she had not the same feelings.

      He even made it so obvious that he started worshipping in the same church with her just so he could have a closer look.

      He was always doing things to make his presence known to her but she saw it has a pretence. Can you blame her. It's not like she can decide who to fall in love with.

"My love" she said in her persuasive tone. "Give him a chance. Even if it is just once."

"Mum." She said not wanting to give in to her mum's voice.

"And come to think of it, he's a very responsible person and I'd like someone like him to be my son-in-law." She said, giving a little wink.

"You're already talking about having him as your son-in-law when I've not even considered him?"

"There's no too much to think about. Look at the likes of mama Bose, late week she sold some materials that her daughter would be using for her traditional and white wedding. Don't you want me to do that too?"

"Okay. Okay. Ah!" She groaned out if frustration. "I've heard you. I'll give him a chance before you start another lecture" she said between her laugh.

     She knew her mum too well, she could go on and on talking about marriages and grandchildren and tryst me, you don't want to hear it.

.............................

End of chapter one. Stick around for even better once.

I hope you liked it.

It's just the beginning anyway and trust me, you can't predict what will come next.

Please don't forget to vote and comment too.

Thanks.

- ChrisTIANA