Chapter 18

Rachel followed him out of the club, on getting to his car, he was already sleeping. She gave a complacent smile. 'at least he wasn't't going home in that condition'.

She returned into the club, not forgetting to always check up on him every time her thoughts drifted to him.

* * * *

Seyi got up quickly when she heard rustling. Her gaze went to the wall clock. It was few minutes after four in the morning.

She moved towards Dele who walked in, looking as tired as hell. She hugged him tightly apologizing for her behavior.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I should have understood that it's not so easy to just forget about things like that especially when it's from someone who is as close to you as a brother."

He wanted to talk but she placed her index finger on his lips. "don't say anything. I was worried sick about you. I was beginning to have horrible thoughts in my head when I didn't see you last night. I thought I was going to loose you because of my inconsiderate attitude or something. "

He kept shaking his head to protect but she wouldn't just let him talk. " please don't leave like that again, okay baby? "

He hugged her even more, with a fair smile. " it won't repeat itself. I'm also sorry for yelling, I didn't mean it. "

" it's okay love, it's understandable. I could have even done worse." she said, now standing beside him. " why didn't you come home last night?"

"I was a little bit tipsy." he said, demonstrating with his index and his thumb.

"a little, uhn?" - "then, you need to shower and get some sleep." she said pushing playfully towards his room.

"will you join me?" he asked smirking mischievously, wiggling his right brow.

She chuckled at his humor "no way"

"sleep in my room then" he shrugged in a questioning manner.

"that doesn't sound like a bad idea." she said, placing her arm across his waist and he had his over her shoulder.

* * * *

"hey, guess who's here to see you?" Seyi said, entering into Jumoke's room after knocking once.

"who?" she asked, adjusting her top. "why aren't you dressed yet?" she asked.

"yeah, about that. I and Dele will be seeing my parents today. When he looked at his schedule, today was more convenient than other Saturdays. I'm sorry dear, I really wanted us to have our girls time today. We'll go out next time?" She explained with a ting of guilt, then asked.

"oh come on, that is more important than our outing. We can just go some other time" she said, mitigated.

"I just killed your spirit, didn't I? I'm really sorry dear"

"nah. You're not coming back today, are you?" without waiting for any response, she continued "I'll just stay back at home to watch a new movie I just copied. But" she was saying

"but?" Seyi asked

"you owe me an outing. A whole day o"

"I promise" Seyi said, then turned to leave but paused halfway. "Olatunde is outside" she said, turning to look at Jumoke's expression which became null.

"for me?" her brows furrowed.

Seyi shrugged, chuckling as she left the room.
_____

Dele and Olatunde sat on the dining table, working on something on Dele's laptop. "are you ready?" he asked when he sighted Seyi.