Chapter 1

The sun had begun to sink below the horizon as the once clear, blue sky changed into captivating colours of pink, purple and orange from beyond the window, catching the full attention of Alex's crystal blue eyes, the sky, blurred slightly through the thick glass. His brown haired friend tapped his shoulder, trying and failing, to capture his attention.

"Alex!" He yelled, startling the blue eyed boy out of his trance-like state. Alex shook his head, turning to face Jack's glaring green eyes.

"What?" He mumbled, obviously still a little out of it, pushing his messy fringe out of his eyes. Jack glared, his forest green eyes peeking out from his unruly mop of brown hair.

"Get her number" He smirked, arms crossed with a triumphant gleam in his eyes. Alex rolled his eyes, standing to flop dramatically down onto his bed and ignored his friend the best he could.

A low, soulful whine filled the room. Alex rolled his eyes once again, sighing in annoyance as he sat up to see Jack laying facedown on the carpet with his arms and legs starfished across the floor.

"Jack" The boy looked up, protests at being ignored dropped when Alex spoke. He rolled onto his feet, placing his elbows against the mattress and looking at his friend.

"Yes?" He asked, eyes bright and sparkling in the lamplight, the sun now far gone. Alex rolled onto his side so he could look at his friend.

"Could you pass me my phone? I think someone's calling me" Jack pouted playfully, mumbling under his breath. He picked up the phone laying on the floor by the door, momentarily questioning how it got there. Jack shrugged, throwing the phone at the lump on the bed, not caring what it hit.

"Thanks" Alex muttered, squinting as he looked at the screen. "It's Jesse"

"Answer it, he's not going to stop calling until you pick up" Jack said, pulling his phone out of his pocket and leaning against the bed. He cursed, noticing he had 27 voicemails from a certain blonde.

"Hey Jesse" Alex said, staring up at the glow in the dark stars they'd put on his ceiling when they were younger. A muffled, childlike voice came from the other end. Alex sighed, rolling onto his stomach.

"Hang on, I'll put you on speaker" He said, tapping the screen and placing the phone upright on the bed next to him.

"Yay, now I get to talk to both of you" Jesse's voice came out crackly, but audible as he happily said his greetings.

"So, whats up J?" Jack asked, laying his chin on the mattress like a dog. Jesse giggled, an alarmingly feminine sound.

"Well, you two are hanging out tonight, but Connor and I are all alone so I was thinking you two could come over to my place and we could watch movies all night?" A pause of silence filled the room.

"So a movie night?" Alex asked, his faint British accent showing through. A rustling sound came from the other line as Jesse rolled over on his bed.

"Yeah, like a- OHMYGOD" Jack frowned, looking at the phone in concern.

"Jesse?" He questioned, steadily growing alarmed when nothing but silence came from the phone. "Are you okay?"

"Bitches" Jesse finally said, his voice tense from excitment. "Get your asses over here we are having a slumber party" He sounded so excited Alex could almost imagine him sitting there, shaking in happiness, phone against his ear, caramel brown eyes alight and honey blonde hair hanging around his ears, but the image quickly changed when all traces of humour disappeared. "And bring Connor"

A high pitched beeping noise signalled that Jesse had hung up, abruptly ending the conversation while both of the boys just stared at each other in confusion, still not used to Jesse's rapidly changing emotions, even after knowing the bubbly boy for almost two years. The sudden silence filled the room, growing louder and louder until Alex broke it.