Chapter 2

ZAHJEN
5 years ago

I feel like a prisoner here.

I have been following the same routine for a week now. If you think having a change of scenery will change your life then you're wrong. I know I'm being dramatic but I can't help it.

Following a routine as it gets very annoying to me; barely having any human interaction is making me insane.

I wake up knowing exactly what my day will consist of, grocery shopping, 6 hrs of tv series, and nothing thrilling or adventurous, at least that's what I've been experiencing all week.

Turkey is a beautiful country indeed, and even a deep breath makes you feel refreshed and blissful, but I can't help being agitated.

The awkwardness between Yaqtan and I hasn't dissolved yet, it's been a week today, but we've shared mere words, mostly due to his long hours at work, so when he's leaving I'm sleeping, and when he comes back I pretend to sleep. I feel a pang of guilt for doing this, but at the same time, I can't handle the painful silence between us.

I finally get up from my bed, glancing at my left and noticing that Yaqtan has already gone to work, as usual. I boringly walk towards the washroom with my eyes squinting at the bright light from the windows.

"Did I forget to draw the curtains last night?" I ask myself.

Confused, as I walk towards the bathroom, I hear a clatter. Somebody is in the living room. But who? An intruder?

"I'm not prepared for this.." I think.

I hide behind the wall, waiting, thinking of a way to handle this situation. Maybe if I stay quiet enough, he'll leave without harming me. That's when the clatter stops. As if whoever it is has sensed my presence.

I screw up my eyes and try to control my sobbing.

Footsteps come towards me. I say a silent prayer, waiting for the blow.

Somebody grabs my shoulders and that's when I let out a loud cry.

"What's wrong?.." I hear the voice that I never knew could be so soothing. I open my eyes and will myself to look up at him.

"I thought there was a burglar in the house." I sob out trying to control my tears but they keep falling.

Just then he puts his arms around me and holds me tight. "Shh... It's all okay. There's no burglar, I forgot to tell you, I'm not working today" He rubs my back to calm me down. "I'll never let anything bad happen to you. I'm here to protect you." I feel my panic subsiding and the warmth of his embrace taking its place.

He wipes a tear with the back of his hand then tucks away a loose strand of hair behind my ear, making me blush.

"Let's go out. I feel terrible for not being able to show you around yet. I'm sorry."

You found parts of me, that I didn't know existed, and in you, I found a love, I no longer believed was real."