Chapter 1

YAQTAN

"How did I get here?" I think to myself but can't come up with an answer. I can't feel anything. I try to move, but for some reason am unable to do so. That's when I notice the distant flash of red lights followed by the faint siren, but I'm too confused to make out what it means.

I can't focus on anything. I feel like it's snowing, I try and look around expecting to see snow. But instead, all I see is Blood. Blood on me. Blood around me. Blood everywhere.

The sirens are stronger now.

I'm perplexed, frozen, and most of all wretched as a shady memory comes insight, I rack my brain to make out of what was happening but all I remember is a vague shadow walking away from me, becoming smaller and smaller and eventually fading out of sight. Leaving me behind in a pool of my own blood. I try to think of what happened next, but I'm point blank. I have never been this confused. Annoyed. Frustrated.

The world is spinning around me, everything is a blur in plain sight and my eyelids suddenly begin to droop. But I fight till my last breath. This can not be real. I squint at the lights that sting my eyes, and all together, I'm drowning in the darkness.

The sirens are louder now. Closer. I hear voices coming towards me and I suddenly feel lighter. I try and open my eyes, such an easy task seems like it's draining all the energy I have left.

My head is throbbing while my heart aches excruciatingly. I gasp as something cool falls over my left arm which is limp bone to bone. Red in color, the liquid drops on the bright white snow, creating patterns as it falls. I watch it silently, as I hear a deafening voice, shouting orders, while my back hits a hard surface and above me, the blinding lights shatter my insides making me hopeless, fragile and forlorn.

In my last moment of struggle, I can't help but think of her. As I try to calm myself, I think of every happy memory that I've shared with her and it fills my heart with tranquility. With everything that I've been through, she's always been by my side. And that's when I stop fighting. I let go.

"Every moment I spent with you... shined. Because the weather was good, because the weather was bad and because the weather was good enough. I loved every moment of it. No matter what happens, it is not your fault."