Chapter 6

UZAIR
4 years ago

"I don't care how you faked it Sherlock, I want to know why." The voice echoes in the living room.

"I want to know! I want to know how you faked it!" I exclaim frustrated.

"I'm pretty sure it was the first theory, all others are rubbish..I'm telling you." Zahjen says calmly.

"THAT WAS MADE UP FORGODSAKE !!!!" I shout.

She starts laughing hysterically, and my frustration rises.

"I don't know how you find this funny Zahjen, I'm loosing my mind" I say as I keep the empty mug on the table.

Zahjen leans back at the sofa, "In fact I'm pretty sure Andrew's theory is correct... If you think about it.. but for that you'd need a brain."

"How rude!" I exclaim in an annoying white girl accent.

Zahjen gives me a weird look and then we both laugh.

After her insulting me, the episode ends soon after. Instead of watching the next episode, Zahjen and I talk first about the episode. It's no surprise that she doesn't accept defeat.. she was completely wrong about Andrew's theory.

"There was no way he could know!" I exclaim proudly.

"I don't get why you're so happy about it, at least I picked what seemed true. You were just shouting at the TV like a 2 year old." She says getting up from the couch.

"You keep breaking my heart Zahjen." I reply jokingly.

Zahjen rolls her eyes and leaves the room and I check my phone when she's gone, I'd figured she'd gone to wake Yaqtan up but she returns with 2 cups of coffee.

We start off by discussing sherlock theories .. both of us have been fan of sherlock way before the series started. And soon after, the topics divert to the most random ever.

We talk about our childhood, how I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up and she wanted to be a rock star. I was shocked at first, she didn't really strike as the rock star type to me but I guess I'm not sherlock.. can't judge a book by its cover ha.. also because she threw a pillow on my face when I laughed at that.

To be fair, she did make fun of me going to space.. so I guess we're even?

4 cups of coffee and a lot of weird confessions later, Yaqtan walks in yawning.

"Woah look who finally joined us after their short nap." Zahjen says with a wide smile.

"Good morning Yaqtan" I joke as I move the cushions away and give him some place to sit.

"You guys are so lazy! All you did was sit around watch TV as I slept!" He exclaims.

"As you slept.. and we're the ones lazy?" Zahjen and I laugh as Yaqtan rolls his eyes at us.

"Uzair do you think you can handle another defeat?" Yaqtan says smiling.

"Defeat?!? I'm sorry but I don't recall loosing a game against you." I reply pretending to be shocked.

"Well then you don't have a pretty good memory then." Yaqtan snaps back with a straight face as he shuffles the cards.

We've been playing cards for as long as I can recall. First it was with yaqtan's family and now it's just us 3.. and I've never been able to defeat Yaqtan ever, at this point I'm pretty sure he cheats.

A wide smirk depicting Yaqtans fourth win, finally ends our very long hangout.

I glance at them as I leave their house, "what would I be without them."

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- Sherlock Holmes