Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Three months. That's how long Faith has been here in Russia searching for her mom. You see, she only ever knew her mother was in Russia, no specifics. She's been going on stories of this and that. Thats brought her to her latest location, a small town in the middle of nowhere.

The latest dude told Faith, "Up that road, there, you see? That's where every night and day wolves howl and the trees sing." Now to her that means werewolves and tree nymphs. It wasn't much at all but, she was sick of searching already.

She walked down the old cracked road and looked around. There were small stores and houses everywhere, plus small children playing around. A smile crossed her face as she watched them chase each other and then wrestle, kind of like how dogs do. An "Oh shit" tumbled out of her mouth as she inspected closer and saw these kids had sharp pointed teeth used for hunting.

They seemed to hear and turned their heads towards her, checking to see if she was friend or foe. She looked forward and kept walking, somehow knowing that the huge house at the very edge of the town was where she needed to go.

Faith knocked on the large wood doors that was the entrance to the brown and red Victorian styled house and waited.

$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$@$

Nick was just changing when a knock came from the main door. He sighed and pulled on his clothes, which were dark blue jeans and a black shirt with a wolf howling at the moon on it. He walked out of his room and to the door, opening it just as the girl on the other side was about to knock.

Her hand was in the air right where the door had been and so it was just inches from his chest. She pulled it back to her chest and looked him over, inspecting everything she could see.

He smiled and looked her over as well, she had golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes and was wearing a short strapped dress that was green and pink with flowers on it. She just kept staring and so he coughed, causing her to look up at his face and he saw her blush.

She looked away and said in a beautiful voice, "Do you know... uhm... does a Irua Nix live around here?" Nick got protective immediately at mention of the Alpha's mate's name. The Nix part was not correct but the girl was close enough.

"What do you want with Irua?", he asked her, concerned for the woman. She's had many enemies in her youngest years. "I just want to talk to her. Nothing else.", she responded and he sensed the honesty and nodded slowly as he moved aside to let her through.

She looked at him oddly before walking past him and into the house that he had lived in most of his life. She looked around once before looking to me, silently telling me to lead the way.

He glided through the halls until he found the Alpha's door. "Jake, some girl came here wanting to talk to Irua.", Nick said as he knocked on the door. The door was pulled open and a bedraggled Jake was standing there, looking at Nick questionably.

"Who is it?", he looked down the hall and saw no one. Nick looked around himself and noticed also that he had in fact, come alone. The two men looked at each other before going out and splitting up to search for the girl.

---Meanwhile---

As soon as the man started leading she could tell he wasn't taking her to Irua. She was able to sense Irua easily and so when he wasn't looking she slipped down a hallway he had passed.

She took all kinds of routes but still couldn't find Irua. So when she glimpsed a man with black hair whom was only wearing shorts she went into the first door she saw. Which appeared to be the correct door.

Faith closed the door and turned around to be met face to face with who could only be Irua. The woman had long, wavy black hair and some fierce green eyes. She looked nothing like Faith and yet she was definitely Irua.

Irua clearly didn't realize that this was her daughter though and Faith was surprised when she was kicked in the back of the knees. She fell forward onto the space where Irua just was. A punch to the back of her head caused her to lose consciousness on the floor.