Chapter 1

"I just don't love you anymore, there's no reason. Feelings change" Michael spat at me coldly.
"I just don't understand what I did" I whimpered feeling small
"That's just it Isabel, you did nothing. We aren't growing anymore." Michael said sounding tired "it's not about love anymore, it's about not being alone. You don't love me like you think you do" Michaels words stung me.
"We can try again, I'll be better. I'll do more for you" I begged him.
"Isabel.." Michaels face softened "we can't be anything more for each other. We've ruined each other. You can't tell me we're happy".
"I've given you everything Michael" I trail, "I completely gave every part of myself to you, I can't take that back".
"I don't want you to regret me Isabel. I enjoyed every moment with you. You were the best thing for me but now I just need time alone" Michael explained.
"Okay" my voice cracked "I'll miss you" I look at him waiting for him to reply, we stare at each other for a minute
"I wish I could tell you the same thing Isabel, I really do."
"I can tell you how much I want things to be different, I just can't lie to myself anymore. I'm tired".
"I want you to leave" I said trying to hold back my tears.
"What" Michael asked confused
"Michael, want you to leave please" I begged him.
"Okay" he said softly as he stood up he planted a gentle kiss on my forehead "thank you for everything Isabel. No one could ever compare to you."

I closed my eyes trying to hold back my tears, but as soon as I heard my front door shut everything came out. I was hysteric. The person I had loved the most just left my life.