Fourteen

*Sorry guys! I just realized that there was a mishap with the uploads between this and my other account! This is now chapter fourteen, and thirteen is the new one! Enjoy!

Breakfast is, to say the least, interesting. Tom keeps casing me worried glances, as if I'll break down again, and Sev looks between us, probably wondering what's wrong. Of course, I ignore this, eating my meal in a thoughtful silence.

"So, what are we planning on doing today?" I ask when I finish, getting up to rinse off my plate. The other two jump, likely startled by the noise after such a long silence.
Sev grabs Tom's plate, and takes mine from me, cleaning them with a quick tap of his wand. I watch him expectantly, and he mutters, "I was going to stock up on potions supplies for us, and pick up a new set of dress robes for each of us."
I cock my head at this, "What for?"
"The Malfoys are holding their annual gala in a few days, and we've been invited. A plus one is also accepted, so I'm supposing you'll bring Tom."
There's a short pause as I contemplate this. This gala will be the prime place to make connections and to reveal Tom, as there will likely only be dark wizards there. I nod, and Tom grins at me.
"It sounds like fun. And besides, I'm sure we'll find a way to entertain ourselves even if it's not," he moves closer, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I'm surprised when he suddenly recoils and shoots a glare at Sev, though.
"For god's sake! He's just a kid! Why would you-?!" he's stopped dead in his rant when I hold up the lemniscate.
"I suppose that it's time that we sit down and have a little chat before this goes any farther. You've been wondering how I know so much, yes? Now you can find out."
Severus looks at me in astonishment, then shakes himself out of it and gives me a curt nod.