Chapter Two

Kourté tapped a foot on the elevator floor irritated at how slow it seemed today. Why was Carson's office this far up anyway? It was a waste of time getting up.

Impatient, she glanced at her slim, gold Rolex, rolling her eyes when she realized it wasn't even up to eleven yet.

"And I'm just getting started"

She muttered then strode out of the elevator when its doors finally reopened.

Carson Brandt's office was on the twelfth floor of the huge building complex. True, it wasn't the top floor, but he was far away from the basement where he had started off. Kourté was well aware that was mostly up to her.

He'd better have a good explanation as to why they weren't suing the pants off La Bella Donna yet. If he didn't, she thought with a light shrug of her shoulders giving a deadly smile; heads would just have to roll.

She breezed into his office ignoring his personal assistant who was yapping out something about Carson being in a meeting. Like she cared; Carson wouldn't be having these meetings if not for her.

She pushed the door open gliding inside and barely pausing when two heads turned her way. Her nose turned up with disgust when she saw who Carson was with. Nick Frasier was a tremendous pain in the ass. He was a thirty something year old male model who didn't have nearly enough brains to match his looks. What he did have was a heavy ego and an annoying misconception that he was God's gift to women everywhere. To say he irritated her, was putting it mildly. Then again, nearly everyone irritated Kourté.

Taking her time, she strode to the desk and chose the chair adjacent Frasier. She lowered herself into it and didn't miss Frasier's eyes on her. Carson merely looked amused.

"Well Good morning to Kourté. I've been expecting you"

Carson Brandt said leaning back in his chair his brown eyes focused on Kourté.

Kourté didn't look at him. She raised a perfectly sculpted leg, crossing it over the other and causing her dress to ride up her thighs. She saw Frasier glance at her again and barely repressed an eye roll.

"I believe you know Nick?"

Of course she did. He was the asshole Carson had set her up with five years ago when rumors about her sexuality had begun to pop up. Frasier was meant to be some sort of cover; a beard if you will, but he was too big of a dick for her to swallow and she had ended up coming out to the world much to Carson's annoyance.

Of course he had only been looking out for her like he'd always done. Then he had been afraid of the bad publicity Kourté might've gotten if she had confirmed her lesbian status. Then when she'd come out, her fan base hadn't fallen like they'd expected, instead it had skyrocketed. The horny teenage boys that covered their room walls with her pictures of her provocative poses thought it hot that their favorite model liked to eat pussy.

Frasier adjusted his his seat and continued eye fucking her and instead of acknowledging him, Kourté decided to ignore it. She was used to such reactions from men and a several women. At first, the thought of millions of guys jerking off to her pictures had bothered her, but ten years in the business and you no longer care what someone does with your photos.

Giving her full attention to Carson, she merely raised a brow.

Carson nodded and turned to Frasier.

"Nick. Can you we reschedule? I'll get back to you on the agent's number"

Carson said and Frasier nodded then stood. He looked at Kourté and smiled.

"See you around angel"

He said before blowing her a kiss and heading out the door.

Kourté blanched to think she had ever kissed that thing even if it had been just for show.