Chapter 4~ Lost files

Recap on the previous chapter:
Kayano had written a diary of her life every 3 months. Recently, she got a dream and received a message from an unknown user say: I'm coming.
<<><><><><><><>>

That's what she said. Was the first thing that came into mind. Which I gave myself a hard smack to the face for.

I couldn't get any sleep. The message was echoing through my mind. I hastily whipped out my diary. The soft way my name rolled off his tongue. The way he called out my name like how he used to do.

Gosh I miss him already.

I set my pen at my desk beside me. Falling on the bedsheets with a sigh, rereading the diary. Till a thought came to me.

I facepalmed.

I jumped out of bed and pushed all the homework to the side to get my laptop. The papers scattered across the ground but I gave no thought to it.

I connected my phone to the laptop and searched the message. Finding it's whereabouts.

Tap tap tap

My fingers moved so swiftly, that it was a blur.

I was immersed into my laptop, till the steady sound of the keys tapping was interrupted. Once again my phone buzzing. Except it's the government given phone. Someone is calling me too.

I sighed and pushed myself away from the keyboard-using the chair with wheels to slide there- to get my phone.

"Hello?" I used my serious tone, the caller must have sense my irrtation from the reply I received.

"Kayano-san. I have some information on you-know-who. So I thought I'd give you a call even though it's late at night. You can search the files tomorrow if you want. Good night." Karasuma hung up before I could utter another word.

Technically a good morning is better. And why is he up and about at this time.

"Huh?! Don't just hang up you fuc*ing piece of... something." I shouted at the phone grumpily than trailed off. I resisted the urge to slam the phone into the table and went to my computer instead.

As promised Karasuma gave all the information he can get his hands on. Not that he needed to. Since I can get what I wanted anytime. I silently thanked him anyway since what he was doing was convenient for me.

He sent me the location and pictures of the aftermath of I don't-know-what.

It seemed like an illegal laboratory for human experiments. Mutilated body parts could be seen. Half of the place was burnt down. The other half is basically useless. Damn it was so gorey that I felt sick. Well, there goes my appetite.

A notification popped up in my screen from an anonymous person.

What is it now?

I got some weird message from them.

"Hi there, I'm watching you.

Killing humans is such a horrible sin. Everyone knows that. However some people had treated life like its a game. Such as the group of people that used to work there.