Chapter 6

Judy looked back and forth for an escape, but all that plagued her mind was how bloody exhausted she was. She swallowed as she looked up at the cat and she saw his glistening yellow eyes.

"One, Two..." he whispered menacingly, plucking two claws up as he trailed them along her jaw and she watched him in terror. Her chuckled before his arm whipped up into the air for the final blow at her stomach when suddenly.

"HEY!"

The cat looked up quickly, and just saw red eyes glare at him in the distance. These eyes not being natural... no, they were demonic.

He screeched, his back arching as he ran away in a desperate scutter, chased by animals on all fours.

Judy leant up in pain from her cut and just watched the cat being chased away by what looked like animals of the canine family.

Could it be... Night Howlers?

The wolves that worked for the government- again trying to cover up a conspiracy. She couldn't tell but it sure seemed like it. And her suspicions soon turned out to be true as she turned her eyes upwards when she saw a thick big paw go before her eyes. Offering her a hand up.

A wolf's paw.

She stared up at it in haste to see the face and only saw one of a kind smiling elderly grey wolf.

"Wha- who-!" she cried suddenly in fear and he whispered to her softly.

"I'd be most quiet if I were you, around here." she looked at him frazzled and he pulled her up onto her legs, but she only stumbled forward in pain and he gave a soft chuckle. An almost pitying one.

"Are you okay, Miss?"

"I'm fine, sir. I was just interrogating that cat and he suddenly lashed at me."

"Interrogating a creature like that, in this part of town?"

"I'm a cop." Judy panted, and went to instinctively pull out her badge and but remembered with annoyance- "I'm just off duty."

"Then I believe something like that would be more called harassing."

"Harassing, me?!" she spat back in shock and pointed her furry thumb to her chest, saying. "He attacked me, like- like an- an-!"

"Animal...?" the wolf said back with a raised eyebrow and Judy just stared at him shocked at how calm he was being.

"We are more than just our biology!"

"Sure... but that doesn't mean we are more than our true selves. He wanted to kill you. You wanted to survive. He wanted blood..." the wolf said back calmly and continued "And he will get blood."

The wolf suddenly put two of his digits to his lips and gave out a whistle. In a couple of minutes time two large animals came bouncing back. They were wearing badly put together clothes and were on all fours.

Dogs.

Judy had only heard rumours about this mutated animal. And on their fur and clothes she saw only one thing.

Blood.

Red blood dripping from their lips.

"Good boys! Who are good boys!"

"We are! WE ARE!" The dogs just cawed in excitement and ran past the rabbit to the wolf. He quickly put a leash on their collars which had been obscured by the shadows. Judy watched in horror and confusion and only asked in a whisper to the wolf.

"Who are you?"

"Walter Alpha."

"What have you done to them...?"