Chapter 2

Evelyn pov:

I headed out of my car as the cool breeze hit me. It was my first day of teaching but I wasn't really nervous. I had recently completed one year in teacher training and it pretty much felt like the real thing so my nerves weren't really there.

I swung my bag over my shoulder and made my way to my classroom. The principle showed me around the school when I was interviewed so I knew where everything was  and headed straight for my classroom.

I had a class of juniors right now and had 10 minutes to spare so I decided to make sure the class looked spotless and everything was in the right place for me to start teaching.

The first bell rang after a while and a few students started coming in. They must have been surprised to see a new teacher seeing as I got the job after Christmas break and not the beginning of the year. The previous teacher had got offered a promotion in another school so I would be filling in for him for the rest of the year.

I proceeded to write my name on the board. I hear a few wolf whistles as a noisy group of boys walked in. I rolled my eyes at the immature pubescent boys. Why on earth did I want to work with hormonal teens?

The tardy bell rang and I turned around to close the door. I gave a brief introduction ensuring I was strict with the normal ground rules I had set out. The little boys smirks transformed into straight lines afterwards.

I didn't want to deal with cocky teens so I decided to set them straight now even if it meant being a bit of a bitchy teacher.

I handed out worksheets to get to know each student's capabilities and the ways in which they learn more better.

The bell rang then. Finally. It's only been one lesson and I feel like I'm already done for the day. I waited for all the students for my next class to come in. It was a senior class so hopefully it wouldn't be that boring.

"Hello class my name is Miss Brooks. Your previous teacher got a job in another school so I'll be replacing him for the rest of the year." I hear a few cheers.

"Before I take roll call, are there any questions?" No questions. Well what did I expect? It was the first Monday back and still quite early for any 17 year old.

I sighed as I took the register.

"Scarlett Rose?" No answer. "Does anyone know where Scarlett is?" I asked the class. A blonde haired girl at the back raised her hand and said, "She might be running late Miss."

I nodded at her as I finished the register. All present but one. I got ready to inform the class what we were going to do when a knock was at the door.

"One second class," I put my finger up as I walked up to the door and opened it.

A tall brunette was looking down at the ground as she spoke up, "Sorry Mr Davison but-" her apology was cut short as her eyes roamed from my heels to my eyes. My body heated up under her gaze.

I smirked as she continued, "You're not Mr Davison..."

I shut the door behind me, "No I don't seem to look like a man." I crossed my arms over my chest to emphasise the assets I had to prove I wasn't a man. Her cheeks turned scarlet immediately and looked down. That was freaking adorable.

"I'm Miss Brooks. Your english teacher for the last four months of your senior year." She was still looking down. I frowned.

"Hey you can look at me you know? Jeez am I that bad compared to Mr Davison?" She immediately looked up and her eyes widened.

I smiled at her to show I was joking. She quickly answered, "N-no you're beautiful."

I raised my eyebrows at what she had blurted out. She seemed to have realised what she let slip and her cheeks blushed profoundly.