Chapter 1 - Window to Another Universe

'Hello Everybody, My name is Markiplier and welcome to the St Jude Charity Livestream!' Mark announces.
The rest of his friends make a noise of celebration to show their excitement.

Mark looked around at everyone with a smile on his face, then back towards the screen that was currently showing the twitter hashtag.

'Okay, we have to come up with a challenge for the next milestone donation thing.' Mark says.

All of a sudden, there was a scream from upstairs. Everyone was down stairs, so there shouldn't be anyone up there.

Ethan was behind Mark, arms around his waist. Mark just looked down and sighed.

'Needy boy.' he whispered.

'Do you want to go up there, Mark?' Ethan asks with a shaky voice.

'How about we both go up there.' Mark replies, slowly removing Ethan's arms.

'Be careful!' Amy says quietly to them so what ever was upstairs wouldn't hear her.

The Twitch chat was freaking out, so Tyler got about one foot away from the mic and reassured everyone that everything is okay.

Mark and Ethan slowly walked up the stairs. They both stood at the first door and breathed in quickly and held their breath as Ethan kicked open the door.

Nothing.

Ethan stood at the door parallel to the one Mark was standing at. The looked at each other and nodded their heads in unison, then back at the door. Both doors were kicked and hit the wall with a bang. Nothing in either room. They slowly walked down the hall to the very last room in the whole hallway. At this point, you could hear their shaky breathing. Mark put his foot on the door and unlocked it. Ethan's heart dropped as he wiped away nervous tears.

'Show yourself now, before I kick down this door and beat your ass!' Mark yells in a threatening tone.

Everyone downstairs froze and looked up at the stairway.

'God forbid...' Kathryn mumbles.

Mark and Ethan both squint their eyes in anger. Before anything else could happen, a light shuffling was heard in the room. Assuming the person would come out, Mark put his foot down. The shuffling quicken, getting closer to the door. The boys backed up and the door jolted open and shut. Mark had enough, he ran at full speed towards the door and knocked it down with his arm.

Nothing.

They walked in and looked around, and saw nothing. Mark looked under the guest bed, but there was nothing there. Mark felt a rush of air go by him and turned around quickly. Ethan was right behind him.

"Mark did you leave that window open?" Ethan says walking towards it.

"No, I always have that closed..." Mark says furrowing his eyebrows.

Ethan leaned a bit out the window and looked down, expecting to see whoever made that noise to be down there.

'Hey Mark I think we– wOAH' Ethan was suddenly dragged out the window by his arm mid-sentence.

'Ethan!' Mark cries. He looked out the window to see if Ethan was okay, but he wasn't looking outside. When he looked out that open window, he saw a parallel universe.