Chapter 1: Play it Again

Chapter one: Play it Again.

"Beth!" My best friend Falice yelled running into my room and jumping on me. My arms were open ready to catch her.

"Falice!" I yelled back. She jumped into my arms causing us to fall over and start laughing our heads off.

"Dean!" A male voice belonging to my other best friend came from the hallway just as we hit the floor. Suddenly an extra 200 hundred or so pounds was dropped on Falice and I. I let out a groan.

"Dean get off." I said

"But I wanna be part of it too!" He whined

"Well you're heavy so get off." I pushed the two bodies off me.

"You're no fun." Falice grumbled.

"I am too! I just hate having 320 pounds thrown at me!" I laughed.

"Are you implying that we are fat?" Dean said

"Yes." I said flatly and the pair made hurt faces.

"You are so mean." Falice said. I shrugged and plopped down on my blue comforter. I over looked my two friends. The three of us all looked so different. My fair skin blonde hair and hazel eyes completely differed Dean's near black hair, tan skin and dark brown eyes. And Falice? Her shocking red hair contrasted and brought out her clear pale skin. Not to mention she had amazing eyes; one green and one blue both very deep in color and bright. Where she got those and her red hair is a mystery to me. Both her parents, Aiden and Hannah, my aunt and uncle had brown hair, so did her grandparents. So her red hair is a mystery to all of us. When she was born with that bright red tuff of hair on her head, Aiden made a comment on how one of the people they had met when the were picking out apartments had had red hair. Hannah slapped him for it. I was just a year old when this happened. For some weird reason our parents had kids young. My mom had me just weeks before her and my dad's wedding. My other "Aunt and Uncle" were Hailey and Finn Bardon. They had a daughter my brothers age. Ethan.

My brother, Noah came 3 years after me Amelia came into the picture 2 years ago. I still remember when mom had them. I tried to take Noah back because I wanted a little sister. I laughed at the memory.

"Gosh I hate it when she does that." Dean said and waved a hand infront of my face.

"When I do what?" I blinked.

"When you start thinking really hard about something and we try talking to you but your in a whole other world. You go away. Mentally anyway. It's even creepier when you laugh and none of us know why." Falice explained. I nodded. Mom says I do that a lot. I day dream. Dad says mom does it too, I've noticed Noah does it too. When he reads he becomes part of that world. I remember once when he was in fourth grade he read Percy Jackson and was convinced because of his ADHD he was a demigod. I thought it was cute anyway.

I shook my head "Why are you guys here anyway?" I asked "To insult my zoning out?" I crossed my arms. They looked at each other nervously. "What is it?"

"Well ever since you and... Xander broke up you've seemed kind of down" Falice knew the subject of Xander was touchy. Xander is my exboyfriend. He started out really sweet. He bought me chocolate took me on a lot of dates, complimented me everyday. I was really insecure before Xander and I got together. The day he asked me out flashed in my mind.

I was walking down the hall of the school my head was held high as I walked. I was extremely insecure but I wouldn't let people know that. I wouldn't let the other students in the hallway know I was just like them. That I was terrified to be who I wanted. I try to be me whenever I can, but I usually would get laughed at and told to knock off the act. My last boyfriend was the reasoning behind my insecurities. He was blunt about all the things wrong with me. I thought nobody could be as bad as Callum. He was rude arrogant and over all an asshole. I don't know why I dated him in the first place. Falice had warned me about him, told me he'd just use me. I was stupid. I believed I could be the one to change him like my mom did my dad. Falice appeared at my side.