Chapter 3: Two Step

Chapter 3: Two Step

"Lets go get me some bacon wrapped corndogs!" Falice yelled after we put our instruments back in her car. I laughed. She ran across the now cooled sand and up the splintery steps of the boardwalk. I followed her shaking my head.

"Falice slow down!" I yelled and laughed at her. She groaned but did as asked. I jogged to catch up with her.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" She tugged my hand and I laughed. She acted like a three year old sometimes. We walked over to the Barbecue stand and got in line. "Corndogs, corndogs..." She had only muttered that a dozen times since we got in line. I chuckled at her.

"You don't even like corn dogs." I said.

"Fine. Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon,bacon, bacon!" She cheered as we finally made it to the front. We ordered and our food was delivered. As I pulled my wallet out a hand came and covered my own.

"It's on the house." A deep voice said. A boy with brown curly hair and blue eyes. "For the beautiful ladies." He winked at us.

"Not very subtle are you." I laughed.

"Why would I be? I mean when two beautiful ladies come up to my booth why waste time beating around the bush." He laughed. "Now my name is Nick and you are..."

"I'm Beth and this is my cousin Falice." I said.

"Nice to meet you Beth. Falice." He said and tipped his head.

"Nick! Stop flirting and get back to work!" A voice called. Nick groaned.

"Jeremy shut up there isn't even anybody in line." Nick said. "It's my younger brother." He explained.

"Three minutes!" The same voice, Jeremy, called, and another curly head popped out, he looked just like he brother except he had green eyes. "He is only three minutes older than me and likes to rub it in my face every chance he gets." Jeremy glared at Nick. "I'm Jeremy but I suppose you already know that." He stuck his hand out. I introduced Falice and I yet again.

When I looked at Falice she was shoving her corndog down her throat. She stopped chewing for a second, shrugged, swallowed and said, "Look, I'm not going to pretend I don't have an appetite when I do, also, because I know what you're going to say Beth, ' Oh Falice why can't you have a little class who who who who' fuck class I am starving." I had to admit her impression of me was quite hilarious and I found myself laughing. Only Falice.

"Yep I was so going to insult your class." I say sarcastically, " Actually I was just going to say you have mustard on the front of your shirt." I pointed to the yellow condiment covering her blouse. She looked down.

"I suppose I do." she said snd grabbed a napkin off the counter. She rubbed at the stain but that only made it worse. She groaned. "Hold this." She all but shoved the corndog at me, pulled out a sweater from her bag and slipped it on. She swiped the corndog back and finished it. A cheer erupted from down the pier.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Dunno" Nick said and leaned out the cart to get a better look. Falice grabbed my wrist.

"Lets go check it out." She tugged me then stopped a little ways away. "It was nice meeting you two. You can come along if you want." She said to Nick and Jeremy.They nodded.

"Maybe." Nick called and winked at me flirtatiously. I blushed and smiled back. Falice continued to drag me down the pier. The music was getting louder. A large group of people was gathered around. Falice and I pushed our way to the front. A circle of people surrounded a couple of dancers. They stood on their heads. Swirled on the ground. I cheered with the rest of the crowed. Suddenly a familiar beat came through the speakers that were set off to the side. Two Step. I nodded my head to it. I love this song.