Chapter 2: Ring Of Fire

Alright I don't know if you've noticed but all Chapters of this story are a song title. This chapter is Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash. But the one I pictured to play is the Lennon and Maisy version. I have strategically placed the song and I'm gonna tell you when to play it okay? Good? We got it? Alright onwards readers!

Chapter 2: Ring Of Fire

I tip toed as quietly as I could up the stairs to my room. Just as I was walking through the dimly lit living room the light flicked on.

"Bethany Melissa Keller."

I turned to see my mother sitting in the red armchair. Cassia Keller was a nice woman. Unless you broke her rules. Looking at my mother you wouldn't think she was intimidating. She was only 5'6" had big green eyes and had long brown hair but the woman could make a mute talk with her glare. Freaking terrifying I tell you. She had her head resting on the left armrest and her legs were drapped over the right one. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she swung her legs to the floor. "Would you please inform me where you were all night?" Her foot tapped on the carpet the sound being muffled by the fabric.

"I was out?" I said and it came out as a question.

"I see that." Mom said with a mad look on her face. Gosh if looks could kill... "With who? Falice? Dean?" She asked.

"No.." I mumbled. I was dead.

"Then with whom?" Mom tapped her foot impatiently hating the fact I was skirting around her questions.

"Dean and Falice noticed how I have not had any contact with a lot of other people since... Xander and they wanted me to meet someone new. So I went over to Deans to meet him but he kicked us out and told us to bond and crap and then he took me to this diner just outside of town and we sort of lost track of time." I said and gasped due to the lack of air in my lungs.

"Go to bed. Now." She said and pointed to the stairs. "And if you do end up seeing this boy more often as a friend or anything else I want to meet him. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am. " I said. As I walked by she kissed the side of my head.

"I love you. Goodnight." She said.

"I love you too mama." I smiled tiredly. She pushed me playfully and I stumbled tiredly up the stairs dropping onto my bed. Just before I fell asleep I texted Luke.

I blame you for my punishment for getting home late.

I was half asleep when I got a reply.

Hey it was your stomach growling like a bear.

Swimming makes me hungry

Thats still not my fault :)

Whatever I need sleep.

Night Beth :)

Stop texting me.

Stop texting back :P

I hate you.

You keep replying.

I turned my phone off. I can't reply if its off and im asleep. I thought as my eyes slipped shut.

*

I woke up at 9:30. I only got a total of like 3 and a half hours of sleep because I kept thinking about dancing with Luke... So natually I was in a crazy mood. "MOM MOM MOM MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MA MA MA MA MA MA MA!" I screamed repeatedly banging on my wall.

"WHAT!" She yelled back from her room. I ran inside her room to see her and my dad cuddling. My hands flew to my mouth.

"Aw you guys are so cute!" I squealed and bounced from one foot to the other.