Chapter One (Part 1)

The sun shone bright warming Slick's thick, red fur. The sound of Birds chirping thundered in his ears. Slick rose to his paws and shook of the water on his belly fur. Did I really fall asleep here? I usually can't fall asleep in water,  Slick hadn't known how hungry he was until he heard his stomach growl.

         Slick searched the small cave for any scent of prey, when he thought he found something, he realized it wasn't the scent of prey, but instead, cat!

        Slick jumped back just in time to avoid a paw swiping at him with unsheathed claws. A different paw swiped at him from behind catching his ear. Slick let out a cry of pain, Why are they attacking me? What did I do to them?  Slick turned around and grabbed the cat that had clawed his ear by the scruff, the small cat started shrieking, the other one bit for his neck but missed and hit their jaw on a stone.

      Slick put down the cat he had been carrying, and inspected the unconscious cat laying with their paws under their stomach, and only the rise and fall of their flank told Slick they were alive. As Slick went to pick them up, his tail was clawed from behind. He jumped away from  the two cats, obviously they would not call a truce. This is a fight to the death!  Slick looked for the nearest entrance, and saw that this cave was fully enclosed. "Why are you doing this!? What did I do to you?" Slick hoped that the cats would stop fighting him, or at least give him an answer. But the one cat that stay conscious tilted their head. Slick slowly backed away as the cat watched. He remembered some of the cat language he had learned when he was only a Foxling. Slick fell onto his back with his front paws near his chest, and back paws outward. The cat cautiously walked over to him, Slick stared at them and saw nothing but judgement in their eyes.

          The cat had long grey fur, and a streak of black down their back which covered their tail. Their paws were a lighter grey, along with their mouth and ears. They were covered in dried mud, Not from in here I assume,  Slick thought noticing only stone in the cave.

          The cat looked up at a hole in the roof of the cave, and then returned to his previous position. The cat opened his mouth but obviously had not yet found the words. "I am Storm...?" The cat looked back up at the hole, then once again returned his gaze on Slick. Slick rose to his paws as he no longer saw aggression in the cat's eyes. "I am Slick" Slick responded. "I'm sorry, but we are not used to any scents other than cat scents. You must forgive me and my sister, Feather" Storm said glancing over at the other cat. "But...Do you know how to help her?"