17

The next morning we were all on a drive, Opie and I raced ahead, riding each other's bikes into one another, trying not to skid over. "I swear Opie if you knock my sister off I will hurt you!" Jax called jokingly.

"You wouldn't be that harsh!" He called.

"Oh he would," I said. I looked back for a second and saw Clay slap, Jax, on the back proudly. I turned around, both Opie and I skidded to a stop, there was a police barrier, four cars parked along the road.

"You can't pass here. Turn around," a cop told us.

"Why not?" Clay asked riding forward.

"Because there has been a chemical spillage here," The officer answered.i rolled my eyes revving my engine.

"Maze?" Opie asked.

"Follow me!" I exclaimed driving up the dirt road on the side.

"Come back!" The cop called, but it was too late I saw the carnage. There was a horrific traffic accident but my mother's car was there, and she was laying halfway through the shattered windscreen. she looked dead. I stopped the motorcycle and threw it to the ground.

"No!" I said running to the edge. My legs could no longer support me, and I collapsed. I felt someone unbuckling my helmet and pulling it off, they gently took my face in their hands, my eyes meeting Opies. My tears poured down my eyes, my torso fell onto his, he rubbed my back gently. An ambulance drove up, Opie did his best to comfort me. 

"Come," he said attempting to help me up off the ground, my legs fell out from under me again. My tears fell non stop and my eyes didn't want to leave the scene. I began to hyperventilate as I began to cry hard. 

"Breathe! Maze breathe," Jax said running over and grabbing me from Opies arms. I felt dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. Clay joined us and knelt next to Opie and Jax.

"Kiddo, listen to me," he began. "She may not be here anymore but remember your fathers legacy, the club is now your family," he said. I noticed Jax gave him a look.

"Is the club all you care about?" I asked slowly looking up with tear glittering eyes.

"No," he said in one word. I pulled myself up from the ground, mounting my motorcycle and began to drive off.

"Maze!" He called, I didn't listen. I was going to keep driving and driving away from everyone. No one but Jax and Opie knew that I still lived above my father's old motorcycle chop shop. I sped down the highway not slowing down, weaving in and out of cars. I reached the gravelly driveway and pulled up outside. I ran down the wooden dock and sat on the edge, it was quiet except for the birds singing and the low rhythm of the water. About an hour later I heard two motorcycles pull up, I didn't even bother to look over my shoulder, but I heard the boots thudding against the wood as they ran to me.

 "Maze?!" Jax called. He was the first to kneel next to me and take me in his arms.

"It's okay, I know it's not easy but me and Op are here for you," he said.

"I... I know," I replied, my tears beginning to stutter my voice. "She was always there for me, when John wasn't," I added. Opie sat on my other side.

"I know," Opie said gently pulling me into his shoulder and kissing my head. "Jax and I will always be here for you when you need us, we shall help you heal." He smiled and kissed me again. Jax had a hand rested on mine.