My fault {Part 4}

WARNING!
Involves cussing and an angry Audrey
Word count: 807
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
All I could here were the muffled voices of my so called friends. Noah, Brooke, Emma, Stavo. Police talking. Lights flashing.

"Noah! You're not helping! Bringing up your stupid murder board isn't help at all! If you want to help, comfort her!" Brooke seemed more pissed than I was. She had been there for me. She's the closest thing I have to a bestfriend right now.

Ms. Duval came from out of my house holding her camera. I watched her walk over to us, her face full of sympathy.

"I'm so sorry, Aj. Daniel was a good person..."

The name struct me. Hearing her name made me feel even worse. I nodded my head holding back strong tears.

She pulled me into a hug and held me tight. Her hand stroked my hair, her soft voice whispering for me to keep calm.

"Audrey? What are you doing here?" Emma asked.

The raven haired girl walked up to the small group of teens surrounding me. I starred at her in disbelief that she was actually at my house. She was starring back at me. Her eyes full of sadness and pain. She was hurting just as much as me.

"What happened?! Noah just said that something happened to Daniel! Is she okay?!" Her gaze shifted to the other teens.

Emma put a hand on her shoulder, tears springing from her eyes. "Daniel...was murdered..."

I could feel Ms. Duval's leave me as she went to the Sheriff to talk. Audrey's eyes stuck to me, anger filling her eyes.

I stood frozen, not sure what to do. Audrey started marching to me, full on rage. "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT SHE'S GONE! SHE WAS IN YOUR OWN HOUSE AND YOU WERE SO DUMB TO EVEN NOTICE THAT SHE WAS DEAD!" Her voice broke as she yelled.

My eyes widened at her words. It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It was all my fault. I wasn't there to save her. To help her. To keep her from dying. She died because of me.

Two hands pushed against my chest causing me to fall to the grass.

"Audrey! Stop it!"

I felt her body on mine. Suddenly my body rose as she yanked on my sweater.

More yelling and even more yelling.

Soon enough, muffled yelling. I couldn't hear anymore. I couldn't feel anymore. I couldn't see anymore. I could breathe anymore. I felt like I was dying. I couldn't catch my breath. My heart felt empty of no emotion. My eyes wouldn't focus. My ears were pounding.

I closed my eyes, hoping it was some sick nightmare. When I opened my eyes again, I could see. But what I saw was something horrible. My childhood bestfriend crying and angry. She was yelling things I knew weren't true but I still believed.

"Audrey! Stop it!"

"It's not her fault!"

"Get off!"

My friends yanking at her to get off. She was hurting. I could see it. Everyone could. But what I was seeing in her eyes was worse than pain. It was hell. And she was yelling for help.

""""""""""""Time Skip""""""""""""

The six of us were sitting on the couch at the Sheriff's office. The police were currently at my house trying to find any clues of how it could've happened while Emma's mom was inspecting my dead sister's body.

"Aj, it's not your fault. She did-"

"It is her fault! She was right there! In her own house! In her-"

"Audrey! That's enough!" Noah's voice boomed through the room. He stood up and looked down at the teenager on the couch. "She didn't know! Let it be! You can't blame this on her because you're angry! We're all shooken up and sad! Daniel was a good person and a good friend...but don't go blaming this on Aj. How do you think she feels? That's her own sister. She grew up with her. She knows more about Daniel and Daniel was her bestfriend since birth."

Brooke and Stavo both stood up. Brooke spoke. "Maybe you two should make up...I hate seeing you two fight. You're both hurting badly and you two need each other. Be there for each other."

Emma, who was already standing, nodded at the three. The four of them walked out of the room, leaving me and Audrey alone.

Once the door closed, there was only silence. Only the two of our breathing.

"Audrey...I'm so sor-"

"Save it. I don't wanna here it." She was still so angry. Even after all that had happened.

"Audrey! I'm sorry! Okay! I never meant for her to die! You think I wanted my own sister dead?! And what is your deal! Everytime I try to say sorry, you treat me even worse!"

"You know what? I don't care. You deserve to be in her place. Dead."