Chapter 2

Note: Guys, I am EXTREMELY sorry for the long wait.  Indigosparro was supposed to write this chapter, but schoolwork got in her way, so now I will be writing for a while :)  Sorry guys!  I am so so very sorry, and if there's ANYTHING I can do just leave a comment down below.  Again, super duper sorry.

~*~

Lyra froze, staring into the golden eyes.  Her breath caught in her throat and time stopped.  As her eyes adjust to the dark, she saw his pale skin and dark hair went with his golden eyes.  Her eyes traveled down to his lips to find them moving, as if they were making words.  Pale, pink lips that snarled to show two perfects rows of pearl-white teeth.  He suddenly shook her, his cold hands sending shivers up her arms.  She blinked her eyes and suddenly time seemed to move again.

"Did you hear anything I just said, human?!" he spat, as if the word was poison.

Lyra shook her head softly in fear, looking up at him through her dark eye-lashes.

"Are you mute or stupid?  When someone asks you a question you answer!"  His hand went up to her throat and squeezed dangerously tight.

"I am neither... sir," Lyra gasped, her hands tugging at the man's wrist in an attempt to get him to release her.  "Please, sir... let go?" she pleaded quietly.

With one last hard squeeze on her neck for a warning, his hand dropped as he muttered, "Weak creatures..."  He looked away before looking back to the girl who was clutching her neck with her hands.

Lyra knew that this was the change her mother had been talking about, and she knew that this man must be a vampire, but she didn't know what was to be her fate, or even her race's fate.  But, before she even had time to process, the man with the golden eyes picked her up bridal-style.  A blur and a gust of wind, and they were in the throne room.  He almost threw the servant down in disgust along with the other humans that were on their knees in the middle of the room, vampires surrounding each side.

Lyra saw her mother up next to her, her lips mumbling some silent prayer.  Their heads were bowed to face the wooden dance floor.  Lyra was supposed to play here tonight.

A gust of wind blew her hair around her face and she quickly pushed her curls out of the way, even if some of them were pinned back.

"Tonight, my friends, is the rise of the vampire race.  No more of being shunned by these weak... humans.  Tonight, we feast!"

The vampires roared, while her mother began to tremble.  Blood coated her hands.

"Mother?" she whispered.

"Lyra..." the woman breathed, glancing sideways at her daughter.

"What happened?"

A tear rolled down her cheek before she choked out her reply, "The Queen is dead."

The room was silent, and Lyra looked up to find everyone staring at her and her mother.  Her heart pounded aganst her chest furiously and she was almost certain that this was the time that she would be killed.

"You dare talk while I speak?"

Lyra stood up, with all eyes of the room landing on her,  "I'm sorry sir, I was just... curious as to what had been the fate of our former Queen," she stuttered, curtseying before kneeling back down on the floor.

"And you do not have anything to say about this?!"  The man's voice boomed as his eyes turned towards her mother, who was trembling so much that she couldn't have spoken if she wanted to.  "No?"  The man held a strange, dark glint in his eyes.  "I think she has just become our first course."

Two vampires dragged her mother away to the front of the room, and her eyes widened and stared at Lyra.

"NO!"  Lyra screamed, standing up.  She started to run to the front of the room, but some vampire held her back.  Tears streamed down her face as her mother was held inbetween two of these cold-hearted creatures.  "Take me!  Leave her, let her go!" Lyra yelled, pulling against the man's grip.  He tightened, and it would surely leave bruises, but she didn't care.

"What's this?" the man at the front, whose head now donned a crown, asked.  "I am now your King, little girl, do not defy my orders."

"Let my mother go," Lyra said, lowering her voice in the big room.  "Kill me.  Do whatever you want with me, just let her go."

"Is that really what you want, little girl?" the 'King' asked, that evil glint back in his eyes.

"Yes," Lyra breathed.  "Let her go."

"Remember, that's what you asked for."  He nodded his head at the guards behind him, but his golden eyes stayed on Lyra's.  She stared into her mother's blue eyes as her mother ran towards her.  Charlie had almost reached her daughter, and Lyra took a sigh of relief, but she took it too soon.  There was a sickening crack in the room and Charlie fell to the floor, a vampire standing behind the lifeless body.

Lyra's heart dropped, and the vampire with the huge muscles behind her let go.  Lyra fell to the floor, with silent tears pouring down her face.  She brushed hair out of her mother's face and closed her eyes, then collapsed on top of her crying.  She held her mother's hand tightly and hugged her with the other arm.

"Get her out of here, Vincent.  Watch her."

The man that had found her before pryed Lyra from the lifeless body, threw her over his shoulder, and with a gust of wind, the two were gone from the throne room.

~*~

AGAIN sorry for the LATE LATE LATE and SHORT update!  I am so sorry and I'm upset and aw I feel TERRIBLE!