F E M I N I S M

I am so SICK of everybody making a joke out of feminism. They don't think it matters, they think it's silly. Even my own father doesn't like the idea of feminism. He straight up told me that quote, "you are not a feminist.".

Well guess what? I AM A FEMINIST. AND FUCKING PROUD OF IT, TOO.

I honestly think that people just don't understand what feminism is. It's a movement to support women's rights. All we want is to treated like humans instead of a fucking object. We don't want our bodies being sexualized anymore. We want to be able to walk down the fucking street without being hollered at. We want to be able to wear a pair of shorts without being called a whore. We want to make a full dollar and not just 77 cents. We don't want you telling us we can't do something just because we have a vagina. We want to be able to not have to buy rape whistles and pepper spray. We don't want to be constantly looking over our shoulder.

We don't want to be told that we can't be in positions of power because 'we're slaves to our emotions'. We want to be able to be in a bad mood without someone asking us if we're on our period. We want to be able to burp, fart, or snort when you laugh, without being told that it's not 'ladylike'. 

Girls are so pressured to live up to society's expectations. Well hey, guess what? Not every girl is skinny. Not every girl has a fat ass and big tits. Not every girl has a flat stomach. Not every girl has clear skin. Not every girl is a virgin. Not every girl is sexually active. Not every girl wears pink. Not every girl is married. Not every girl has kids. Not every girl has a high school diploma. Not a every girl has a loving family. Not every girl is happy, and not every girl is going to smile just because you fucking told her to.

WE ARE NOT THE SAME. WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. WE ARE ALL INTELLIGENT. AND WE ARE WONDERFUL AND AMAZING AND JUST KNOW THAT YOU NEVER HAVE TO CHANGE TO FIT SOMEONE ELSE'S EXPECTATIONS.

And you know, the fact that we have to tell people why feminism benefits both men and women is a perfect example of why we still need it.

"Why is it called feminism if it's about being equal?"

You can't be upset about feminism being called feminism when the entire history of the world is called 'mankind'.

So STOP saying it's a joke. STOP saying that we don't need it.

I mean seriously, society has gotten so bad, that even some classes at my SCHOOL are favored by boys or girls.

When we're freshmen, we get the choice of taking either Parenting or Drafting. And usually, all the girls take Parenting, and the boys take Drafting. Because it's strange to see woman doing 'a man's job' and 'Parenting is too feminine'. Bullshit.

I believe that EVERYONE should know how to do BOTH of these things. They're both important life skills in my opinion.

And guess what? When I'm a freshman, I'm taking drafting. Not to prove a point, but because it will benefit me and my future career. I will not be told what I can and can't do. I won't hold society's expectations.