6: Wedding's Off

A/N: I have no excuse, I just experience writer's block, that's all.

----------------

(UnEdited)

After that awful night she went missing, then add to it the day her call dropped and he went ballistic to the point of accusing his bestfriend of being in love still with his fiance, and when he thinks that he reach the end of the rope, she's missing again? well, he's hoping she's not.

This whole thing about the reunion and their up coming wedding is taking a crazy toll on him. This is too much excitement to take in. That feeling his feeling right now is not helping at all. He's going crazy, in short, he is losing his sanity.

Saturday. 4:00 AM. Here comes the day of the most awaited reunion. He woke up early in the morning to make a special breakfast for him and Maine. Good thing Maine agreed to spend the night with him. He made a spinach and mushroom omelette, bacon, of course, It's Maine's favorite even if she's been denying that it's not. He toasted a few slices of wheat bread with whole grain and squeezed some fresh oranges for her morning juice. He have a couple of serving size vanilla yogurt and granola grains. Healthy breakfast you think?

5:48 AM. He sat the table for to two. He was so excited and giddy about today. He smiled when he saw that the table was a nice sight to see Content and ready, he went to his bedroom to call Maine. To his surprise, Maine wasn't there. He checked his bathroom, she wasn't there either. He went and checked the other room, she sometimes uses the bathroom there knowing that he would be busy and in hurry in the morning, but to his dismay Maine wasn't there.

Lately, Maine has been playing lost and found most of the time or maybe, he is just being paranoid. He is not his old self lately. He feels like something's wrong.He feels that something not good is about to happen or maybe it is happening already and he couldn't put his finger to it. This has happen once or twice before and he lost her twice.

Thinking of losing her, made him shiver. He felt all his hair in his body including the at the back of his neck standing. If that is goosebumps then that what he is feeling at the moment. He left his room to go to the living room hoping that he just missed her when he went inside his bedroom, but she wasn't there either. He went back to the kitchen but no luck, coz there's no Maine. He left his unit to go to hers. He punched in her codes as soon as he reached the door. It clicked. He opened the door and scan the living room. NO MAINE.

"MAINE? MAINE. MAINE!" Calling Out her name as loud as he could. Mind you, this is almost six in the morning. Neighboring unit residence are still asleep. Good thing, most if not all units are sound proof, unlike Maine's and his.

He didn't hear any response. He tried it again the second time around, still no response.

"Maisie Daine!" He called out to her room. He knocked just in case she's changing her clothes, but no answer still.

"Maine!" Knocking on her bathroom door. He jiggled it. Luckily it wasn't locked. He slowly opened it. He heard nothing but the sound of the open shower. He walked in. He felt his blood went up to his head and the feeling of being poured with hot and cold water came over him. Panic stricken and almost a nervous wrecked, he saw her lying on her tub naked and it looks like she's life less and the shower was on.

"Maine! Maine!" He's almost crying. He carried her to her bed and picked up her phone and called an ambulance.

He also called Ariel down the reception desk to inform him that he called an ambulance for Maine. Ariel acknowledge it and told him not to worry about it and he'll take care of it. After all that, he pulled a pair of pajama for Maine and her underclothes. He clothe her not realizing he was actually touching her skin, seeing her full nakedness and not bothered by it. He is in the state of fear, shock and worry that everything else is not important. All that matter to him right now is making her sure she's safe, decent to everyone and taken cared of.