Thirty Two

While Goapele's Closer played in the Youtube tab Beyoncé had opened on her MacBook, she wrote down everything that seemed to be bothering her on paper

Writing was her form of therapy. She felt much better about the things happening in her life after she wrote it down. It was like venting to someone, but unfortunately she didn't have anyone to vent to.

Outside of Robyn and Juan, she didn't have many friends that she trusted. Yeah, she was growing a friendship with her old neighbor Michelle, but she didn't know if it was real. Michelle was a great person but Beyoncé didn't think they had much in common to be the best of friends.

Beyoncé looked down at everything she had written and sighed. Her mind was all over the place and it was all because of Shawn.

After eavesdropping on him and his sister's conversation, the first thing that came to her mind was packing a bag and going away. As much as she wanted to do that, she decided against it. She was growing tired of running away from everything in her life. She did it when she was a child and also in her past relationships. She loved Shawn dearly and the only way to make it work is to stop running away from their issues.

The front door opened and in walked Shawn in his athletic gear and a towel around his neck. He had just gotten back from the gym with his guy friends. He spotted Beyoncé sitting at the kitchen table and their eyes met for a quick second before she looked away.

Shawn sighed as he thought back on their argument. They haven't mumbled a single word to one another in two days; every since his conversation with his sister. Since then, Beyoncé has kept her distance, even going as far as sleeping in the other room. Anything to get away from him.

He took a nice long, hot shower and got dressed in casual clothing. It was Sunday and his parents were having Sunday dinner in less than an hour. He walked back downstairs to see Beyoncé in the same spot, writing.

"Hey," He said, "You hungry?"

She shook her head and kept her eyes down at the paper. Of course she was hungry, but she was capable of getting her own.

"Yes you are. When are you not hungry?" Shawn chuckled. Beyoncé glared at him and he slowly nodded his head. He took it that his joke wasn't funny because she sent him a death stare for the ages.

"Anyways, I'm going to dinner at my parents house. Come with me."

"Nope."

That was the first thing she has said to him in two days. He didn't know how he was still functioning after not mumbling a word to her for so long.

"Why not?"

She frowned, "No one wants me there. Why should I?"

Shawn rolled his eyes and took the seat across from her at the kitchen table. Beyoncé's playlist turned to Jill Scott's The Way which kind of lighten the mood in the room.