Chapter 1

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm sorry all of this is happening. I know that you believe me when I say I didn't hurt Ryan. But the cops have everything against me. I feel terrible putting you in this situation and I will miss you deeply. I promise everything will be okay. I can't tell you where I'm going or when I'll be back. I'm on a highway to hell and I'd rather not drag you with me. I know you'll be worried but I promise I'll be careful. Don't worry about me too much, you'll grow hairs haha. I love you so much.

                                Xoxo Kaitlyn

I know what you must be thinking.. This is a story about a selfish girl who ran away for some dramatic reason. Well, although my life is the most dramatic, I'm running away because my abusive ex-boyfriend framed me for the murder of his little brother Ryan. The police are looking for me at this exact moment, while I'm just sitting here freezing on the bus to Baltimore, Maryland. It hurts not having my parents with me. I'm terrified of going somewhere I've never been before. I know it's probably really dumb and stupid but I'm keeping in touch with my best friend Lily. She gave me her old phone so the police won't know she's talking to me. At one point I'm really happy to be away from Max. We were so happy but then I noticed he had a lot of secrets and honestly he's just flat out crazy. Soon he started getting really angry at me over little things and would beat me till I couldn't walk. The police couldn't do anything because they didn't have any evidence. As if the bruises all over my body weren't enough evidence. His father is the Mayor so I suppose that probably has something to do with it. Don't wanna ruin his perfect image. I'm on the bus now to find my Uncle Danny. He can keep me safe. My mom hired detectives to find footage of me at the hospital the town next door to ours. When she asked me why I went all the way over there I couldn't tell her. I couldn't tell her that I'm five weeks pregnant with a psycho's baby.

Finally, after six and a half hours of riding on the bus I was finally in Baltimore and walked all the way to my uncle's house. When I got there I could smell brownies through the open window. He knew those were always my favorite. I ran in and smiled when i saw him pulling them out of the oven.

"Uncle Danny!"

"Hey Kate! God you've grown up so much."

"I missed you uncle Danny"

I hugged him tighter and smiled.

"Why don't you go on upstairs and shower. I'll unpack your bags"

I nodded and got in the shower. For some odd reason it felt like someone was watching me. I know I'm just being paranoid because of all that's happening right now.